Temporary shrink wrap building

maineguides

Lieutenant Commander
I've got a 35 Duffy that I want to work on this winter and want to build a cheap temporary building around it. I'll be buying a shrink wrap gun and was thinking of using shrink wrap to do this. I'd like to make it so I can take it apart and store it so maybe next winter I can reassemble it. Anyone have any thoughts or pics on this idea?

F/V First Team

Admiral
Website
www.otisenterprisesmarine.com
Boat Make
Northern Bay 36 - Modified
With the shrink wrap on it or not? If you want to disassemble just the building that's easy, but the shrink wrap won't lend itself very well to being folded or bunched up for storage.

Toolate

Admiral
First Name
Ben
Boat Make
1998 36' Sabre Express CAT 3116TA's, 2015 ROS Scotia 16 Etec 50
Just finished hunting around for ideas on this and settled on a bow hut because it is the lightest, cheapest building (provided you can make it yourself). There are some tents made from emt but when they get wide enough to fit a boat I wonder if they would hold snow plus when you are done you have a load of steel pipe to store.

Only pic I can find of one is this one. I have made a couple bows already and it is very easy. I took steel stakes and laid out the shape I wanted on my lawn then bent the 2 pieces of 1x3 spruce between them and put the 2x4 blocks (7") between them on edge and screwed each one with 2" screws from each side. Very quick and not much springback when removed from the stakes/mold. WHole thing will be attached to the ground on 2x12's that the boat blocking and stands will sit on.

Also building mine to work with a 40 x 60 tarp so the up and over length of it is less than 40'. Pricing some shrink wrap too but it will be more $ and does not really roll very well as mentioned above. You can store it and get a few years out of it though. Shrink would be nice for light and I Think the snow would slide off it more easily.

Materials from my lumber yard are going to be about $600 including tarp.

image.jpg

maineguides

Lieutenant Commander
Thanks for the ideas guys. Too late I really like the bow shed and think when I get back from my hunting trip I'm gonna give it a go

cobia23

Commander
First Name
Paul
I found a used shelter logic on CL, the tent was torn to hell, I think I paid $50 for it, I shrinkwrap on the side anyways, so I just wrapped it, its been out there for 3 years now with no leaks.

Top Bottom