Thank you Peter with FPT

maineguides

1st Mate
Just wanted to give credit where credit is due!
I recently was looking at the boat "Nordeste" which is 30" Calvin Beal South Shore powered with a Iveco Nef 370. 330hp
I was originally quit nervous with the engine simply because I hadn't heard about them and didn't know how available the parts and support are.
I contacted Peter and it was quit pleasing when he answered the phone on the first ring. Peter explained the whole engine too me. Gave me a list of things too look for and tests to do while I was sea trialing her. He even offered to take the 5.5hr ride to long island with me. When he said that I said to myself, holy crap did he just say that? Yup that's what he said
I made the trip down by myself because I was thinking I might stay for a day or two and Peter needed to be back for the next day.
the engine was extremely smooth and quiet. On a cold start (it was 30 degrees out) there was zero smoke. Oil pressure was spot on. She turned full rpm. When I got on the throttle she still had zero smoke. On my way home peter gave me a call wanting to know how I made out. I took an oil sample and sent it out. When I got the results back Peter went over them for me. I'm not going to buy the boat simply because i think in a couple years I'll want a bigger boat so I figured I might as well get a bigger one now. :D Everything looked fine and it's one he'll of a clean boat that is set up PERFECT for anyone looking for a 30' boat to tuna fish out of! It's rigged with the best of everything!
thanks again peter for the customer service you have provided to me even when I'm not in the market to buy a new engine from you.

Last edited:

FPTMarineDiesel

Commodore
Just wanted to give credit where credit is due!
I recently was looking at the boat "Nordeste" which is 30" Calvin Beal South Shore powered with a Iveco Nef 370. 330hp
I was originally quit nervous with the engine simply because I hadn't heard about them and didn't know how available the parts and support are.
I contacted Peter and it was quit pleasing when he answered the phone on the first ring. Peter explained the whole engine too me. Gave me a list of things too look for and tests to do while I was sea trialing her. He even offered to take the 5.5hr ride to long island with me. When he said that I said to myself, holy crap did he just say that? Yup that's what he said
I made the trip down by myself because I was thinking I might stay for a day or two and Peter needed to be back for the next day.
the engine was extremely smooth and quiet. On a cold start (it was 30 degrees out) there was zero smoke. Oil pressure was spot on. She turned full rpm. When I got on the throttle she still had zero smoke. On my way home peter gave me a call wanting to know how I made out. I took an oil sample and sent it out. When I got the results back Peter went over them for me. I'm not going to buy the boat simply because i think in a couple years I'll want a bigger boat so I figured I might as well get a bigger one now. :D Everything looked fine and it's one he'll of a clean boat that is set up PERFECT for anyone looking for a 30' boat to tuna fish out of! It's rigged with the best of everything!
thanks again peter for the customer service you have provided to me even when I'm not in the market to buy a new engine from you.
It was truly my pleasure and I am glad to help always! You may not be a customer in this moment but you were looking to get some support and I am glad to be able to provide it, I will continue to do this for anyone that needs it for FPT/Iveco Marine products. I look forward to being your support in some way again in the future, let me know if I can ever assist you again..

Best Regards,

Peter

Top Bottom