The search is over. 28 Crowley Beal

cb34

Rear Admiral
The shot is not a vaccine. Its is an experimental drug. Studies show it will protect 93% of people from serious illness or hospitalization but the long term effects are unknown. It does not prevent anyone from contracting or spreading covid. Some are saying people who got the fauci ouchy may become super spreaders. Those of us who have had covid have T cell immunity. A natural immunity in which the T cell will actually kill the virus cell. They say its more effective than the three experimental drugs. In any case i dont like the gov telling me what to do.
I agree, but question the "studies". Remember only 2-3% of the population have had serious illness or hospitalization. Most of which were dealing with comorbidities and advanced age. Survival rate under the age of 83 is still 99.97%.

xbskt

Vice Admiral
First Name
Jeff
Boat Make
28 Crowley Beal
Please let’s not do this on Jeff’s thread. Covid and the vaccine are things we could debate until the end of time and there will be no winner.
Great progress Jeff. Can’t wait to see the numbers.
I started it Jerry. Mostly just pissed about life and venting.
I am however not going to bite and am done with that discussion.
Have a good week.

xbskt

Vice Admiral
First Name
Jeff
Boat Make
28 Crowley Beal
We have been in for a few days. An unexpected death in the family has us on hold for now but a brief blast across the harbor showed WOT 28 knots at 94% load.
We think a fast cruise of 23-24 knots around 2400 rpm is reasonable to expect.
Anything over 25 was squirrely not surprisingly. Lots of keel going through the water pretty fast.
A more detailed seatrail will come.
Some fine tuning to do including double checking the alignment.
Deck can now be repaired and the engine cover put back in.
Fuel gauges aren't working for some silly reason I am sure. That kind of stuff.
Not ready for the classifieds yet as we need to clean and tidy along with the miscellaneous previously mentioned.
I will say here this 28 Crowley Beal with new electronic power is "quiietly" for sale at $125,000.
If you are one of those who have contacted me for when it is done it is done enough to come take a look if you want.
I would like to sell as Merlin the Northern Bay is the priority now.
PM me to discuss.

20210814_153343.jpg

xbskt

Vice Admiral
First Name
Jeff
Boat Make
28 Crowley Beal
You must be mistaken on the data. I read here that you need a laptop and Cummins software to make this work! ROFLMA

Laptop? Thanks god no. I would not reccomend a DIY repower if you own your own company in a busy tourist town but overall very doable.
I had my hopefully one electronic glitch already.
The lift pump stopped working.
Found after some searching and feeling around the deutch plug feeding the pump came unplugged from the harness.
Bugger was hiding down behind the ECM but once yhe two ends were found and fully clicked home we were good to go.
Teething pain. Nothing more. No software needed.
Just a cool head and some eyeballs.
Motor is awesome Gurryman.
Thanks.

20210807_105605.jpg

20210807_105619.jpg

xbskt

Vice Admiral
First Name
Jeff
Boat Make
28 Crowley Beal
Just finishing up for the year and prepping for the run to the Cape for haulout on Friday
Pumpout and fresh water flush and repump was the plan.
Black water flush into the bilge and a couple hours of cleanup was not.
Even at the end Gomer asks me to fix and maintain.
The Vetus bladder gave it up right at the end of the season but like all septic issues, never fun.
I will have to think on whether I will replace or leave it for the next owner to glass in a real tank. That is really what needs to be done but I really don't want to.
That's boating.
Mrs. was not impressed but like all things she goes with the flow.

20211003_121519.jpg

20211003_124306.jpg

20211003_124849.jpg

BentWheel

Lieutenant Commander
We have been in for a few days. An unexpected death in the family has us on hold for now but a brief blast across the harbor showed WOT 28 knots at 94% load.
We think a fast cruise of 23-24 knots around 2400 rpm is reasonable to expect.
Anything over 25 was squirrely not surprisingly. Lots of keel going through the water pretty fast.
A more detailed seatrail will come.
Some fine tuning to do including double checking the alignment.
Deck can now be repaired and the engine cover put back in.
Fuel gauges aren't working for some silly reason I am sure. That kind of stuff.
Not ready for the classifieds yet as we need to clean and tidy along with the miscellaneous previously mentioned.
I will say here this 28 Crowley Beal with new electronic power is "quiietly" for sale at $125,000.
If you are one of those who have contacted me for when it is done it is done enough to come take a look if you want.
I would like to sell as Merlin the Northern Bay is the priority now.
PM me to discuss.

View attachment 115431
Looking great Mr Jeff. Glws. Always an interesting thread to read

xbskt

Vice Admiral
First Name
Jeff
Boat Make
28 Crowley Beal
A bath and some NeverDull on the metals before shrinkwrap.
I know it will be for sale but the hawsepipes are an embarrassment. I can't leave them looking like this.
I will try to strip them and put them back to natural but they may be too far gone.
Anyone got a pair if these laying about they want to part with?
Otherwise maybe Hamilton Marine or ??.
It never ends it seems but I enjoy improving things.
Just never chrome a hawsepipe.
Thoroughly bad idea.
Seafood casserole for a treat for dinner.

20211023_133804.jpg

20211023_141926.jpg

20211023_171157.jpg

20211023_171221.jpg

20211023_165835.jpg

Last edited:
Top Bottom