The shit has hit the fan

captjohn

Captain
Boat Make
Henriques
That is ugly. When the crew is wearing life jackets you know there worried. No smiling faces that day!

Toolate

Admiral
First Name
Ben
Boat Make
1998 36' Sabre Express CAT 3116TA's, 2015 ROS Scotia 16 Etec 50
Looks like it would be more comfortable if they headed up a bit but the boat would probably break up bridging those monsters. Biguns.

maineguides

Lieutenant Commander
Was that a mayday she was transmitting? If so I'm not seeing a mayday unless they were flooding or loss propulsion. Am I missing something? It looks like a white knuckle, ass puckering ride but I'm not seeing the mayday

jwalka51

Captain
Boat Make
26' Webber Cove lobster boat.
If you listen carefully, she says "mayday,mayday,mayday, relay"..... I think Shes just relaying it for someone.

Fishinengineer

Lieutenant Commander
Boat Make
Duffy
Doesn't look like they're that bad off unless they painted over the duct tape holding the hull together and are waiting for the bow to fall off. That's a pretty typical motion and roll for a container ship. I have been in weather worse than that on similar ships but never felt a need to donn a lifejacket. Could be that the ship was loaded with maximum stress on the hull before they left the pier and they now regret letting it happen.

Blitzen

Admiral
Boat Make
Flowers Boat Works 46 hull #1, Flowers Boat Works 36 hull #1, Wayne Beal 28 Hull #1, Repco 30 1968,
LOL I thought they only did that on OBO's.

Doesn't look like they're that bad off unless they painted over the duct tape holding the hull together and are waiting for the bow to fall off.

CEShawn

Vice Admiral
Boat Make
Downeastless
Well I think this is the case... If you notice I believe there were people in the background without lifejackets on. The AB's and OS's probably knew about the duct tape repairs and the officers in the background do not... lol

Toolate

Admiral
First Name
Ben
Boat Make
1998 36' Sabre Express CAT 3116TA's, 2015 ROS Scotia 16 Etec 50
Probably none of them can swim either. No matter if you end up in the drink on a day like that in a sea of 1000 shipping containers...

WoundUpMarine

Admiral
Lite User
First Name
John
Boat Make
26' Duffy, 23' Seaway, 14' Holland

ianbw

Lieutenant
Website
www.northforkoysters.com
Boat Make
Sisu 26
Fun looking weather. We will be taking off from south africa headed to the gulf of mexico in a few days, ill post up some pictures if we find ourselves in a hurricane!

Off topic but just wanted to say that I have always been impressed by the folks who take to sea in those monsters. Growing up, we would go down to the St. Clair River in Michigan. There is a stretch where the channel is incredibly narrow and we'd just watch the tankers slip by. You could almost touch 'em.

Later, watching the really big ones coming in and out of NY harbor, dwarfing everything around them.

Awesome.

Careful voyage.

Top Bottom