Things I do to see a boat...

CEShawn

Vice Admiral
Boat Make
Downeastless
People must have some good stories. I'm in one right now.

Booked a ticket Wednesday to fly Friday from fl to ma to see a boat in ny. Crazy priced ticket. Now sitting here in a 3 hour delay an might not even make it off the ground. Haven't seen my family in a month so figure is pick them up for the adventure...
Anyone else have a story? This should be easy to beat...

tunaorlater

Admiral
Boat Make
40' Northern bay
How many times did you check this site during your delay?

MDI45

Vice Admiral
Boat Make
45MDI /28WB
And he is thinking about a green stick already....isn't that putting the cart before the horse..LOL....all in fun

Hooper

Captain
I hear ya Shawn!

Yep, flew to VA Beach (Rudee Inlet) to look at my Seaworthy 28 in February 2008. Made the deal, flew home, passed papers within a week or so. Watched for a weather window, got one, flew back to VA Beach to run the boat 125 miles up the Chesapeake to Trappe, MD where she was hauled and trucked up to Mass in April. Lots of work and now the boat is long gone, to Aruba. And I wish I had never done that...another live and learn I guess.

Ditchdigger

Rear Admiral
Looking at boats.

When I was looking for a Down Est'r, I drove half way up East Coast. I am out of Central Jersey. One day I drove 10 hours up to Maine to look at a BHM. Was not even close to what the owner stated. Spent 1/2 hour looking at boat. Didn't really need half that time, just did not want to insult owner. Ate lobster lunch, went home . 20 hour drive to see a boat for 1/2 hour. Next day in the local paper, a 32 BHM came up for sale. 3 minutes from my house. Sea trial, and deal done in 1 hour. Crazy how things work out. Have the boat for 14 years and it has been great. Getting a serious itch for the next one. In the winter, I cruise the boat yards. Sick I know. Drives the wife nuts. I know there are a lot of you out there ! We should start a self help group. Meetings would be packed !!! Hi, my name is Bob, and I Look at Boats !!!!

BillD

Admiral
Portsmouth NH.. Piscataqua and Merrimack Rivers
Boat Make
27 H&H with Cummins QSB 5.9 480 power
March of 2008 I got the hots for a 31 Blackfin.
Flew to Delray Beach FL. twice, bought the boat, spent $4300 to have it trucked to Salisbury, Ma.

now 4 years later, thinking of selling her.
Crazy

CEShawn

Vice Admiral
Boat Make
Downeastless
7hr delay at jet blue. Three hour flight 3 hours at home to sleep. Five hours in a car. One hour at the boat. A few good slices of ny pizza. 1.5hr ferry ride three more hours in the car. Then tomorrow fly back to Florida

steveinak

Admiral
Boat Make
31 BHM
I flew 4500 miles from Alaska to spend 2 weeks driving from RI to Maine looking at boats, but as soon as i saw the H&H my mind was pretty well made up, then had to figure out about getting a trailer built, getting boat transported from Rockport to Seattle and the easy part was getting it on the barge from Seattle to Alaska, they ship boats all the time so it went smoothly if fact the whole trip went smooth guess i was lucky. Yeah i'd do it again for a better DE rig.:eek:

Top Bottom