This ain't good !!

WRHardie

Commander
I'm unfortunately living in Ohio right now but bou
There's alot of info on BFT but I haven't read anything in regards to longfin. I talked with some friends in San Diego and Oregon and they both said they had a banner season with good prices and good catches. Do Pacific longfin not migrate as far and wide as BFT or do they flush themselves faster with less overall body fat than the BFTs? I'm always leery of these kinds of reports, you have to wonder who funds them.

greg

Captain
Yeah, well, you'd have to be as stupid as a reality tv star if you don't expect certain groups to start to play this up as a way to get people to stop buying the product.

Hell, I may stop eating certain fish in restaurants.

cb34

Rear Admiral
Next season

US brokers may unfortunately use this to beat up the fisherman:( Japan's market could give a ship.....

Aloop

Lieutenant Commander
Not saying there is nothing to worry about, but with the 1500 nuclear bomb tests between the North Pole & the South Pole: in the atmosphere, on the surface, underground, lost Nuclear Subs in both the Pacific and Atlantic, NASA rockets that exploded, carrying satellites fueled with Plutonium. There certainly is outfall from every bit of radioactive material that was not contained. We have been dealing with Global contamination for over 60 years.

Keelboater

Admiral
Boat Make
35' Bruno & Stillman

Did you read some of the comments below that story? A conspiracy theory? Really? Just goes to show you how the news can affect some peoples rational thinking (if they ever had any to begin with). No matter how you slice it, it's a bad scenario. This will poison the food chain. How much? Don't know. But if I had just one bumper sticker for my truck it would read "DON'T EAT THE TALAPIA!" and that has nothing to do with Japan.

Old Mud

Admiral
Lite User
First Name
Don
Boat Make
Ho Made

Keelboater

Admiral
Boat Make
35' Bruno & Stillman
Tunas migrate just like cruise ships. Does that make you wonder about the drinking water on board? The cruise line industry braggs about their water making capabilities on the new ships. I don't think they can remove radiation with osmosis. :shock: Are they going to tell anyone about that little tidbit? :rolleyes:

Old Mud

Admiral
Lite User
First Name
Don
Boat Make
Ho Made

Keelboater

Admiral
Boat Make
35' Bruno & Stillman
That is a crime. No method of detecting radiation in the water system on board any millitary vessels? That is hard to believe in this day and age.

Top Bottom