Thoughts on this Todd Helm Chair?

Magnolia Sun

Lieutenant Commander
Boat Make
Seaway 24' Hardtop Sport
Hi All: Having a Seaway 24' Hardtop built as I write this.

http://www.seawayboats.com/index.php...d=6&model_id=6

The "stock" helm chairs that Eastern/Seaway provides is a cheap Wise chair (as seen in the pics) I asked for upgraded Todd 1000 seats here:

http://www.toddusa.com/productdetails.aspx?id=19&f=13

The Todd 1000 seats are soild & not expensive. I know because I had them on an Eastern 24' for 8 seasons. They have held-up very well over the years!

I found these Todd "Cabo Surpreme" chairs @ Defender for $338.55 which includes the chair/cushions & the elite slider & a 18" pedestal (which I need)

http://www.defender.com/product.jsp?...cartId=3110661

Todd USA Cabo link:

http://www.toddusa.com/productdetails.aspx?id=302&f=13

What do you think? Decent looking chair for fairly short-coin IMHO. I really just want to buy them & bring them up to Milton, NH. (Eastern Boats) & have them install them!

MDI45

Vice Admiral
Boat Make
45MDI /28WB
Magnolia sun, i had the deluxe ladder back in my Wayne Beal is a great heavy duty chair for under 500 bucks

Magnolia Sun

Lieutenant Commander
Boat Make
Seaway 24' Hardtop Sport

Frigate

Captain
Boat Make
38' Duffy/Flower
Ken Flower put the Todd Five Star chair on my boat. Rich for the blood yes but if you have to sit for any length of time that is the chair to have.

Magnolia Sun

Lieutenant Commander
Boat Make
Seaway 24' Hardtop Sport
Ken Flower put the Todd Five Star chair on my boat. Rich for the blood yes but if you have to sit for any length of time that is the chair to have.
Frigate: That's a "top-of-Line" Todd chair! The thing is, I don't really sit in my seat for any length of time. We are "cove dwellers" & I usually sit in my Garelick chair here:

Garelick EEz-In

Frigate

Captain
Boat Make
38' Duffy/Flower
I hear you Magnolia Sun. When you have a 3 hour ride to canyon with the boat on autopilot and you are sitting there making sure you don't hit anything you need a comfortable chair.

WC1966

Lieutenant Commander
Boat Make
Webbers Cove 34

Magnolia Sun

Lieutenant Commander
Boat Make
Seaway 24' Hardtop Sport
Frigate: That's a "top-of-Line" Todd chair! The thing is, I don't really sit in my seat for any length of time. We are "cove dwellers" & I usually sit in my Garelick chair here:
I also spend time on the hook, and having a 10 foot back deck this is my seat choice:D

Cabela's: Cabela's Chaise Loungers – Black
WC: Nice deck chair for short coin considering my Garelick's are $200.00 (#48106) a shot! How does the feet do on your deck floor? Does it dig into the glass?

MDI45

Vice Admiral
Boat Make
45MDI /28WB
I hear you Magnolia Sun. When you have a 3 hour ride to canyon with the boat on autopilot and you are sitting there making sure you don't hit anything you need a comfortable chair.
THREE HOURS......SLOW DOWN BUDDY.....black way forward and red way back....lol....this aint the 90's when fuel was 79cents....

WC1966

Lieutenant Commander
Boat Make
Webbers Cove 34
Magnolia Sun asked
How does the feet do on your deck floor? Does it dig into the glass?
The chair has small plastic protection on the bottom rails, I saw no damage to the deck, this as the 1st year in the water, surgery forced a 2 year recovery. The deck was finished this spring, 3/4 marine plywood, 2 layers of 1708 with Vinylester resin and 2 coats of Gelcote from LBI in Groton CT Mixed 1 qt. fine sand into the 2 coat of Gelcote with a power mixer for non-skid. For a 1st project it came out great.
I look for function in my projects, and learn as I go.

Magnolia Sun

Lieutenant Commander
Boat Make
Seaway 24' Hardtop Sport
WC1966: Nice job on your new deck! I wish I had any type of ability to do boat work like that. I don't. I can detail the hell out of a boat though!

I just went ahead a few minutes ago & bought one from Cabela's. It look very nice for the money! Thanks for the link.

Helen L

Commander
3 hours to the canyons! Jeez, it takes me 10! Not to thread jack, but I have searched for hours and cannot find a pedestal that bends 90*s and mounts to a vertical bulkhead. There's a hatch underneath where the seat will be at my helm. I'm think about just making my own unless someone knows where I can buy one in stock.

Helen L

Commander
DUDE! I owe you a beer. Exactly what I was looking for but could not find! Thanks a bunch.

MDI45

Vice Admiral
Boat Make
45MDI /28WB
Guys i have the pedestal mount from TLT...it is super heavy duty

234.jpg

Last edited:
Top Bottom