Thru Hull Fitting locations on DEs ??

BillD

Admiral
Portsmouth NH, boating out of the mighty Merrimack
Boat Make
25 Terry Jason with Cummins 370 power
I don't think it particularly matters performance wise but I'll ask anyway.

On my 25 T Jason I'll have a 2" inlet for cooling the 370 and a thru hull transducer on either side of the keel flanking the shaft tube. I need at least to more small thru hulls for a washdown hose and some type of a bait well.

I'm thinking along the flat part of the hull about 6 feet back from the stern is a good place for 3/4" flat mushroom thru hulls maybe between the two stringers or outside of the outside stringer.

Any issue/s with this location where the "black tape pieces are" in the pics ??

IMG_2010.JPG

IMG_2009.JPG

IMG_2007.JPG

blackdiamond296

Lieutenant Commander
Boat Make
Alan Johnson 28 w/ 260 Yanmar
Certainly looks far enough back for good water flow. Looking at the first pic my only thought would be consider moving it a little more inboard for if/when the boat gets trailered.

steveinak

Admiral
Boat Make
31 BHM
Would putting in one say 2" thru hull and just tee'ing off it for more than one pump be ok ??? Sea chest type of thing ??

pointblank1

Lieutenant
Boat Make
38 Northern Bay
I would recommend high speed scoop over the mushroom type for your washdown. And put in a spare just incase. You never know when u might need another one.

BillD

Admiral
Portsmouth NH, boating out of the mighty Merrimack
Boat Make
25 Terry Jason with Cummins 370 power
Quality Trailer, Nice People, Can't go wrong there.

The trailer should be here end of March.
My plan is to have the bottom of the boat completely done and have the longitudinal stringers in place and then have the boat put on the trailer with a travel lift. Make sure all fits fine etc.

After that we can easily move the boat inside and out with the weather improving for grinding/dust all the mess. :D

Additionally if the boat's "seaworthy" but still in the rough stages of interior/cockpit/helm completion I can get a local seatrial or two in while I "finish it" :D

steveinak

Admiral
Boat Make
31 BHM
"Whadda ya talkin bout Lewis" ????
Explain....elaboarate......:D

put a big thru hull in and on the inside build a manifold like box/tank that you could hook up your feed lines to go to different pumps. That way its only one big holes to deal with through the hull.
Glad your getting a good trailer to go with that rig, i've got to call gary to get my commission ??

WoundUpMarine

Admiral
Lite User
First Name
John
Boat Make
26' Duffy, 23' Seaway, 14' Holland

MASTERENEGADE

Rear Admiral
Boat Make
Had a DE, now 24' Privateer
Im curious to see what this is about as well. I was thinking of tee'ing off my intake for the head to also use the same through hull for a Saltwater wash down as well.
If this is a bad idea, then I will take the advice. Thanks

MASTERENEGADE

Rear Admiral
Boat Make
Thanks for the photo.

So would it be functional if I did this set up for a head intake and a saltwater washdown?

captainlarry84

Rear Admiral
Boat Make
KristenFormer Charter Captain
Some nice seachest type set ups. Just make sure that the thru hull for the motor pick up is dedicated only for the motor. also she will be a fast runner with all that power so push the thru hull back so no air can get pulled at speed. also be mind full of where the transducers' go they like clean clear water. Also scoop them all.

MASTERENEGADE

Rear Admiral
Boat Make
its all water flowing through a thru hull to my way of thinking ???

Correct. It would be just water and all flowing upward or into the thru hull. And more then likely only app would be used at a time.

Old Mud

Admiral
Lite User
First Name
Don
Boat Make
Ho Made

RyanCT

Lieutenant Commander
sea chest

I once saw this photo in a seachest thread. Although it doesn't reduce the amount of holes in the hull it does allow access for clearing without entering the water or pulling the boat out.

I don't have any first hand knowledge of it....just saw it and figured I would share.

seachest.jpg

Top Bottom