www.bostonharborcharters.com
Boat Make
33 Flowers.

Hammer Slammer

Commander
Boat Make
31 Duffy
Ronnie,
I have the same hull, and it is located in the same spot. Mine appears to work fine on my boat. If you are concerned you can check the angle of the transducer (depends on the frequency you are running) when you are hauled out with a protractor and see if the hull is in the path of the beam.

Capt. Rick

Commander
Boat Make
31 RP Willis Beal
Hey Ronnie, On my boat I have 3 transducers. 2 are located pretty close to mid ships fore to aft - these 2 are airmar ducers, one a 500 watt and the other is a 1,000 watt. With regard to the distance off the keel, you have to look at where the stringers/obstructions are. On my boat, the ducers are about 30" off the center line of the keel, clearing the inboard stringer by 10". The transducers are pretty much right under my feet so while anchoring up on a wreck, i know the wreck will be right under the boat when its is viewed on my screens. Having said all that, obviously you do not want to place the ducers right behind something which will create bubbles or turbulence, like your main water intake for example. That 1,000 watt ducer is a monster. When i built my boat, I had the 2 airmar transducers "flush" mounted to the bottom of the hull. A well was molded inside the hull to acheive this. So my ducers create zero drag, and there are no worries about hitting something and shearing off. I will try to post a couple of pics when i get a chance. The 3rd transducer is for a side scan sonar unit - this style cannot be flushed, it must be mounted with the fairing block. We actually mounted this one far astern, aft of the prop and keel on the starboard side. This allows the scanning beam to shoot out to both sides of the boat. It works like charm, we get a good image to both sides. So in closing, each boat will have its own particular ideal location depending on the style of hull and other factors.

Top Bottom