Took Delivery Today

Eastporter

Admiral
Boat Make
Sold- 20' Eastporter (Rebuilt 2011) 22' Pearson Ensign
Congratulations on the new boat! Please post more photos of the splash.

tomy

Commander
Boat Make
36 Wayne Beal
Congrats. As I have not been following , can you give quick stats? Mfgr, Lenth etc, etc. ?:eek:

Spence

Commander
24' Hardtop Sport from Seaway. 115 and 9.9 4 strokes from Yamaha. Lowrance HD 7 plotter/finder, Maxwell HRC 8 Windlass, Standard Horizon VHF w/ built in GPS, Sea Star pro hydraulic and Raymarine S1000 auto pilot. Performance data and more photos to follow

Magnolia Sun

Lieutenant Commander
Boat Make
Seaway 24' Hardtop Sport
Spence....Nice job! I'm glad we got to meet @ the Eastern factory. Can I ask what did you do for seating?

Spence

Commander
Thanks Tuna Pursuit!

Magnolia, Contrary to your good advice and maybe to my regret, I went with a couple of fairly inexpensive Springfield from Cabelas. I almost always stand to drive and there will be comfortable folding chair when at anchor. I went with a fair number of add ons that seemed to be best done when building (hydraulic steering, open windshields, extra port lights, windlass etc) by the time I got done the money tree had been picked pretty bare. Seats can be upgraded in a couple of years if needed.

I'll mount the seats on top of some custom plywood/glass boxes that I'm designing right now. I'm thinking a 24" square by 26" tall box for the helm as a tackle station (I had the batteries installed under the rails 2/3 aft). A 50 qt cooler will secure to the back of the box perpendicular to the rail. Crew side will be a 24"W X 48 L X 26" H box galley unit.

Input from any and all most welcome.

I'll be running a custom charter touring business with the boat. What is propriety of posting the web site address here?

JimRP31

Rear Admiral
Boat Make
Willis Beal/RP 31
Spence nice boat congrats. I'll post some pick of my seat boxes tomorrow I think you might like them

Magnolia Sun

Lieutenant Commander
Boat Make
Seaway 24' Hardtop Sport
Spence: I remember you mentioning that you had something else in mind when it comes to the seating. I'm sure you made the correct choice. I would to see some pictures once you're finished.

BTW...Roger St. Cyr dropped-off our boat to our driveway this morning. They fixed some of the issues I had with her. Just an FYI. I been using Collinite "Fleet Wax" (#870 liquid version) for years on my boats. I think it's the best (liquid) wax out there today, but then again everyone has their favorites!

Liquid Cleaner Wax » Collinite

Spence

Commander
Photos to follow, just finishing prepping former boat for sale (22' welded aluminum C&W Industrial Fisher w/Honda 90) Will start on the Seaway (Laughing Gull) tomorrow.

Spence

Commander
Thanks tumble home. I'm up on the Howe Road. Are you keeping a boat these days?

Magnolia Sun

Lieutenant Commander
Boat Make
Seaway 24' Hardtop Sport
Spence: Pics please? I would really like to see your new SW 24' my friend! The Yellow Submarine is going in today! I'll be on my Magnolia/Gloucester mooring by the end of next week.

Spence

Commander
Hey Magnolia,

Wish I had some on the water shots to share-envious of your launch ( I admired your boat at the factory when I picked mine up a few weeks ago). Old boat spruced up and on the market but progress on the Seaway has been stalled by a bout of pneumonia-back at it next week.

Seaway switched their 6 loop grab rails on the wheel hose roof for 5 loop. I'm planning on building a roof slider that will sit on top of the wh roof and can be deployed. To make that work, I need the rails to come to the aft end of the wh roof to guide/contain the slider (it will be further contained by slats across the rails from one side to the other. I'm waiting for Seaway to respond to my e-mail. Would welcome input from you and other forum members.

Couple of in the yard pics, this may be the most compact 9.9 hp OB I've ever seen (power tilt and linked to the main engine so it can be operated from the helm)

HTML:

.jpg

IMGP0161.jpg

Magnolia Sun

Lieutenant Commander
Boat Make
Seaway 24' Hardtop Sport
Spence: I LOVE the Dark (Hunter) Green hull! Wow...you went with all black! DSG black window frames, spray rail etc. No white color to offset the darker color? I dig your 9.9 Yamaha kicker! Nice that you can use it from the Capitan's seat!

I sold my Standard Horizon GPS (CPF390i) & scored another Garmin 740S. They are so cheap now that Garmin is coming out with the 741 series. When I purchased the SH GPS...I didn't think I would like the "touch screen" I was so wrong! After one season....I need to grab another one. I'll be installing a Garmin Radar in he Spring next year.

My boat has 2 coats of Collinite Fleet Wax on her & she'll be in the water later today. Nice job Spence! I would mind a couple more pics if you find the time!

Magnolia Sun

Lieutenant Commander
Boat Make
Seaway 24' Hardtop Sport

Spence

Commander
Wasn't sure how good the "oyster" and the white would go and black is easy to maintain. Swim ladder (no platform) is a Garelick. We've used the same model on the old boat for years and like it-we swim out of the boat a lot and its a good safety feature.

Do I remember an earlier post in which you mentioned using 303? Is that between waxing? They waxed the boat at the factory. When it is time, I'm thinking about trying one of the polymer paint guards lite Ultimate that are claimed to be wipe on/off and good for a year. Obviously on a charter boat appearance is critical so anything to reduce maintenance is good.

More photos soon.

Magnolia Sun

Lieutenant Commander
Boat Make
Seaway 24' Hardtop Sport
Wasn't sure how good the "oyster" and the white would go and black is easy to maintain. Swim ladder (no platform) is a Garelick. We've used the same model on the old boat for years and like it-we swim out of the boat a lot and its a good safety feature.

Do I remember an earlier post in which you mentioned using 303? Is that between waxing? They waxed the boat at the factory. When it is time, I'm thinking about trying one of the polymer paint guards lite Ultimate that are claimed to be wipe on/off and good for a year. Obviously on a charter boat appearance is critical so anything to reduce maintenance is good.

More photos soon.

Spence: I'm sorry you have pneumonia my friend! I have been there a couple of times. I need to stop smoking! Aerospace 303 is your friend! I buy it by the gallon here:

303 Aerospace Surface Protectant

Just go to Walmart & but a $0.99 empty plastic sprayer bottle & load it up. It will help keeping the sun off your dark hull (SPF40) Trust me brother...I know about a dark colored hull all too well & it's a PITA! You're lucky that you trailer your boat all of the time. This product "WILL" help you over time! It's not cheap, but it really, really works Spence!

Spence

Commander
303 is good stuff for sure. I've used it on plastic gas tanks and fabric like life jackets and kayak spray skirts. Fiberglass is a new trick.

Funny thing is that 20 years ago the label said just dilute with water by half and spray on fabric. Now you can't use it on fabric only the fabric treatment will do which is the same price as full strength 303. Does this remind anybody else of when they watered down the beer and called it Lite at the same price as real beer?

Top Bottom