tripp 22

SHORT STEP

Lieutenant Commander
Boat Make
Tripp / midland
looking for cabin styles for a 22 tripp or similar hull . Trying to decide bass boat full cabin or CC
bob :confused:

:confused:

Seawayva

Lieutenant Commander
Boat Make
Tripp Angler 22' Flush Deck Cuddy
looking for cabin styles for a 22 tripp or similar hull . Trying to decide bass boat full cabin or CC
bob :confused:

:confused:

I have a 1979 22' Flushdeck (Bass boat) that I love. It has a Yanmar 4LHA and cruises at about 22 knots at 2800 rpm. Sips fuel.

I love the look of the flush deck and it provides good storage below for fishing rods and everything else I need. The bunks are long enough to sleep in too. It is not tall enough to sit up (I am 6'4") but is fine for an overnight or two. I spend most of my time in the cockpit anyway. I also have a hard top on it which is good for keeping the sun off on hot days down here in Washington, DC.

If you have any specific questions, just ask. Hopefully I can help.

Last edited:

SHORT STEP

Lieutenant Commander
Boat Make
Tripp / midland
I assume from your name its a seaway , I missed one in De so I got a tripp 22. Can u post some pics as i will be starting with just a hull
Bob :rolleyes:

Seawayva

Lieutenant Commander
Boat Make
It is actually a Tripp Angler. My name is leftover from my old Seaway 19' I had before this one.

Here are a few pics

IMGP0347.jpg

2012-05-23_09-45-18_689.jpg

IMGP0357.jpg

GosmsPhoto1337783878333.jpg

jojobee

Commander
I am putting a 1972 tripp together as we speak. There was not a windshield on mine when we dragged it out of the woods. I dont plan on putting one on. My inspiration will be the cutthunk style bass boats.

Seawayva

Lieutenant Commander
Boat Make
I am putting a 1972 tripp together as we speak. There was not a windshield on mine when we dragged it out of the woods. I dont plan on putting one on. My inspiration will be the cutthunk style bass boats.

I like the windshield both for how it looks and because it actually does an okay job keeping rain off while underway when sitting and running the boat.

I don't like the way the hardtop on my boat looks, but after running it for a few years with it on, there is no way I could take it off. It simply is too utilitarian for me to remove. I have thought about having a canvas enclosure made for the winter months, but I am leery of the way it will look. I have a feeling it would look like a giant, poorly made tent.

Whatever you decide to do, I can tell you that I love the way the boat handles. And I would highly recommend trim tabs if you were wondering about them. She is a bit tender when running, and the trim tabs make all the difference.

jojobee

Commander
tripp

We did some work on the keel and gave it a bottom job. I had new thru holes put in along with new shaft bearing. No tabs for me on this boat. I have an older yanmar LH 110hp diesel going in after i replace some coring. I should get about 20 knots top 15-17 cruise.

photo 1.jpg

photo 2.jpg

Top Bottom