Trolling speed w/Cat 3208T and Twin Disk Right handed Trans.

badger

Lieutenant
I talked to my local Twin disk guy. He sent a mechanic down to the boat to take a look. Tinny the mechanic stated I have a right handed transmission and they don’t know how to install a trolling valve on a right handed set up. Fluid reservoirs are different
I need to get the trolling speed down to at least 3 knots and 2 would be better. Not trusting the Twin disk guy I’m wondering if anyone has had success getting troll speed down with chutes or trim tabs. My last boat had a hydr. cavitation plate on the outdrive.

I Dropped the Idol on he cat to 700 and still had a 4 knot tac

What can I do with this JC 31 to get down to trolling speed?

I understand the principals of current and the diff. between paddle wheel speed and gps speed.

starrfish

Commander
Boat Make
35 duffy
maybe its time for a new guy..the troll valve is like a bypass and allows the gear to 'slip'. right or left shouldnt matter..unless im completley outa my mind..
i had a 3208 TA with a twin disc 507 2:1 right hand. and installed a troll valve myself, and it worked out fine..still have the same gear but now its bolted to a 3126 motor..troll valve still working.

Parttime

Lieutenant Commander
I don't know about the right or left.

I have a 3208TA with a Twin Disc/trolling valve. Motor turns left handed,
Boat is 40'. Trolling speed is easily able to be reduced down to 2mph.

badger

Lieutenant
maybe its time for a new guy..the troll valve is like a bypass and allows the gear to 'slip'. right or left shouldnt matter..unless im completley outa my mind..
i had a 3208 TA with a twin disc 507 2:1 right hand. and installed a troll valve myself, and it worked out fine..still have the same gear but now its bolted to a 3126 motor..troll valve still working.

Thanks for the comeback. Possible the guy doesn't want to do the job or lacks the knowledge.

Is a right handed tranny different then a left?

MDI45

Vice Admiral
Boat Make
45MDI /28WB
Try North Atlantic Power in N.H.1888 406 7419. Great guys...I get all my parts from them

Top Bottom