Tuna door

First Name
Wade
A ramp is probably the best, but I’ve been thinking about a roller. Same width as door and just below opening. Have not tried it.

1rider

Lieutenant Commander
Wow i remember that boat. Yellow Rybovich 48 ?? Fished next to that crew late 70s they caught a fish every day. Murray Bro’s owned her. Correct??
Yes, owned by the Murray bros. but it was a 43’ Merritt.

And they did catch a couple on that boat.

Old Mud

Admiral
Lite User
First Name
Don
Boat Make
Ho Made

Old Mud

Admiral
Lite User
First Name
Don
Boat Make
Ho Made

captjohn

Captain
Boat Make
Henriques
I've seen people tie a ball to the tail of the fish, to help float the back of the fish, while hauling it in head first. Seemed to help pull the fish straight in, rather than the way they hang straight up and down.

Ripcat

Commander
I almost always put a ball on the tail while it's hanging. Personal experience has taught me that it's a good safety measure just in case someone doesn't cleat it off well enough.

Old Mud

Admiral
Lite User
First Name
Don
Boat Make
Ho Made

Ripcat

Commander
I single poly ball wont help you. Ask me how i know.
I assume you learned the same way i did....which is no fun! Truth be told, ever since that one time, I cleat both tail ropes off so I know it was done correctly. The ball has never had to save a fish but good to know it wouldn't and sorry you found out the hard way Rigga!

Jay c

Commander
Boat Make
31' Duffy
I always wondered if the ball was to create resistance when swimming them so they wouldn’t swim into the wheel.
I wasn’t paying attention last year and had one get down under the boat and thought for a second he was caught up in the wheel. At that point we figured it was safe to kill his ass.

Top Bottom