Tuna running report

goin4broke

Rear Admiral
Boat Make
35 Foot Terry Jason (Currently undergoing finishing touches)
Say hi to Charlie for me. Looks like I'm a land lubber for the second season in a row. :(

leaky

Vice Admiral
This year is the first year in awhile I haven't seen them on my first trip out groundfishing, similarly no porbeagles which typically I see lots of, and similarly very little mackeral - but that just means it wasn't so hot on the little 9 square mile area that's 4 miles from land that I like to groundfish in.

With the 1st falling on a Thursday I took Friday off - if I've got crew and we get the weather I'll give it a shot, if not I'll try to bum a ride, if nobody I know is going I've got 3 boats and 2 out of them have a list and one a very long list so I'll keep busy with that, maybe beat on the stripers, and shoot for giving the tuna hell a day over the weekend.

Jon

Cdux

Commander
Won't be targeting for a bit. But put the heavy artillery onboard last night, just incase we see something favorable during ground pounding trips this weekend.

Cdux

Commander
Very promising out there, no marks or bust'in. But all the signs are there & the table is set. Did deploy for 1 drift and picked up a pup porbeagle who could bearly get the balloon down. If nothing gets booked for next Sunday, think I'll have give it a serious shot. The wife is gonna be pissed.....

BlueMack

Captain
Boat Make
Bruno & Stillman 35
Water temps have been all over the place so far this year, Started off above normal, now below, Offshore south of Nova Scotia are crazy highs, Who knows where well be next month!

Cdux

Commander
Hey, they're warmblooded, 52° sst, just means they gotta eat more.....
got the itch & gonna have to go

Master Baiter

Ensign
Heard a good percentage of them may be in an eddie east of Georges waiting for the water temp to head into the bay. Couple came out of the Hudson, two were taken by harpoon on Stellwagen. Who will be next?

Cdux

Commander
Very slow day until, beep beep!!!!

Swing & a miss. SO CLOSE....
Either a real fiesty mackerel or I got check my gear for tells

Last edited:

JasonD

Lieutenant Commander
I went wednesday thru Thursday. Saw whales, basking sharks, bait around the boat at night... But the targeted species wasnt around. Water temp was 53.3 0614171756b.jpg

Top Bottom