Tuna running report

Frank Grimes

Rear Admiral
First Name
John
Tuna

25 feet of water right off the beach at Southampton Long Island
FishGuyPhotos is a a pretty cool follow on the 'Gram
I always wonder what is below the pogies when they go nuts and start getting airborne. Used to be one of two predators....stripers or blues. Nowadays we've got seals chasing them a mile inland in some spots, sharks inshore, and perhaps BFT if you're in the right spot......

Old Mud

Admiral
Lite User
First Name
Don
Boat Make
Ho Made

plowin

Rear Admiral
Boat Make
33' flowers
Great day for them I’m sure. Fish was clearly near the end of his life. Show this to the PEW folks, this is how they want them to die, Old age!! It’s like not eating the veggies in the garden today to feed the world because they would make better fertilizer rotting for next year.

Gayle Force

Commander
Boat Make
25 ft Tiara Pursuit, 27 ft Eastern, 28 ft Carolina Classic, 34 Calvin Beal
That ruler is not always right plus a heads up you measure tuna to the snout not the end of the jaw
View attachment 114185

still a beautiful catch to be proud of nice shape to her
Thanks , it was a very important day for me to finally catch a fish of a life time

Gayle Force

Commander
Boat Make
Fish looks trashed
What ,You think this fish looks trashed. This fish was caught mostly on 26 to 30 lbs of drag. Landed in 2 hours and was swam for 1 hour and swam great before we bled him, and delived in 2 hours and had a core temp of 70 degrees which s great since it was such a big fish with good fat. This fish was professionally handled. Please explain how I trashed this fish. Educate me please. And no dart in the flesh.

Codcruncher

Captain
What ,You think this fish looks trashed. This fish was caught mostly on 26 to 30 lbs of drag. Landed in 2 hours and was swam for 1 hour and swam great before we bled him, and delived in 2 hours and had a core temp of 70 degrees which s great since it was such a big fish with good fat. This fish was professionally handled. Please explain how I trashed this fish. Educate me please. And no dart in the flesh.
Not referring to your fish

Gayle Force

Commander
Boat Make
I have a question concerning the hook I used to catch my last fish which was 101" give or take. I obviously discarded the leader and checked the top shot which looked good. My question is the hook I used was a trokar 7/0 circle offset with a ring . It looks like brand new like the way I took it out of the package. Should I toss it or reuse ?

plowin

Rear Admiral
Boat Make
33' flowers
My apologies, didn't see the above photo and thought you were talking about my fish.

Haha. No worries, the fish I was talking about just looks like hes near the end to me. Nothing to do with how or who caught it or even how it was handled. Just looks like hes ready to move on...

Downrigga

Vice Admiral
Boat Make
36' NB
I have a question concerning the hook I used to catch my last fish which was 101" give or take. I obviously discarded the leader and checked the top shot which looked good. My question is the hook I used was a trokar 7/0 circle offset with a ring . It looks like brand new like the way I took it out of the package. Should I toss it or reuse ?
Hook is still good.

Jarhead

Lieutenant
Newbie here... I must start with I don't know shit about shit, but is there a way to stick it to the brokers by by passing them? Or is it like a mafia where you must pay to play. I'm assuming that you need a " special" license to sell on the market. What if hypothetically you held your own actions to local buyers/ restaurants. It's your fish , your hard work, for delivering a quality fish, overhead and licence! Please don't kill me , just trying to learn how this is even remotely fair to you guys! If there is a website that explains this without needing a lawyer to translate , I'm all in! Good luck guys, thank you for what you do and stay safe!

Downrigga

Vice Admiral
Boat Make
36' NB
Brokers are not to bl
Newbie here... I must start with I don't know shit about shit, but is there a way to stick it to the brokers by by passing them? Or is it like a mafia where you must pay to play. I'm assuming that you need a " special" license to sell on the market. What if hypothetically you held your own actions to local buyers/ restaurants. It's your fish , your hard work, for delivering a quality fish, overhead and licence! Please don't kill me , just trying to learn how this is even remotely fair to you guys! If there is a website that explains this without needing a lawyer to translate , I'm all in! Good luck guys, thank you for what you do and stay safe!
Brokers are not to blame for low prices.

Kiteboy

Lieutenant
First Name
Liam
I always wonder what is below the pogies when they go nuts and start getting airborne. Used to be one of two predators....stripers or blues. Nowadays we've got seals chasing them a mile inland in some spots, sharks inshore, and perhaps BFT if you're in the right spot......
I have seen bft come up on them a cuple times when bass fishing

Gayle Force

Commander
Boat Make
36 BHM white with a little flybridge near SW corner turning circles. That was us.
I was up way north of you, and a guy right next to me fought his fish for 31/2 hours also.

Latest Posts

Top Bottom