Tuna toys

CEShawn

Vice Admiral
Boat Make
Downeastless
So was looking at these...Mind you, these are not permanent but something to get me off the ground quick this fall...

I used to have a nice floating livewell from tightlines, not sure where it is now, probably under a dock in New Bedford.

I was looking at this for only $54, for keeping herring/macks other smaller creatures in, 24" might be tight for bluefish, again could just wrap this in smaller mesh too... but the price might be right... of course just for at the dock...

CHESAPEAKE CRABBING SUPPLIES Live Well Large at West Marine

That is 54 vs. 120, hmm maybe have to think about that one then...

Then for a livewell, again smaller fish, was thinking of this...

MOELLER Live Well, 50 Ga., 18" x 29", Light Blue at West Marine

This is alot cheaper than the Seachoice ones, which actually dont spill any water. Granted for this year I might just use a trash can to get through, I will hopefully be around in the winter to add a livewell below decks...

Bill D is doing his reality build for someday...

I'm doing my 2013 Bluefin Conquest since I will be off work from Sep 1 to Jan 1 and havent chased bluefin in two years...

Oh yeah, anyone know if the chumchunker, automatic chunker is still being made? Or any out of school college kids needing a job? LOL

Old Mud

Admiral
Lite User
First Name
Don
Boat Make
Ho Made

CEShawn

Vice Admiral
Boat Make
Downeastless
Good point...

One thing I always thought was funny, my first livewell I used for bluefish, I made it round figuring they would need it to swim around. So it was shaped after a round 55 gallon drum. The freaking bluefish just nosed into an area and stayed there... Later I kept them in a square box onboard the boat... funny...

Aloop

Commander
my dad has a bait barrel with a bunch on 1 or 2" holes drilled all over, used it with bluefish tided to the dock or mooring in Seal town.

Bassin

Lieutenant Commander
Boat Make
Maritime Skiff
Amazon.com: Tuff Stuff Products KMT50 Oval Tank, 50-Gallon: Patio, Lawn & Garden

Hands down the best bait well money can buy. If you want your bait on crack those things will do it. Regular circular wells work but larger bait like pogies cant swim well in them. They end up swimming into the sides of the well, the ovals make it much easier for the bait to actually swim.. I Just bought one the other day(waited 3 years for amazon to get them in stock). To top it off too i got free 2 day shipping with the amazon prime free trial.. Great deal. They try to get you to re new the amazon prime trail at the end of the month if you dont cancel after you order.. pretty sneaky.

duxbait

Captain
Oval is better for pogies and blues. In a circular well everything is a corner. As far as bait pens, you can make your own out of a small size trap wire. New England Marine normally stocks some pretty good pens too. I think a local Mass south shore guy makes them for the store and will custom make any size

CEShawn

Vice Admiral
Boat Make
Downeastless
CCTuna, I have your email, just hope you hold out until September 1st!!!

CEShawn

Vice Admiral
Boat Make
Downeastless
Itching to get home, see all these pictures and facebook posts on fish...

Badlatitude

Rear Admiral
I know your passion for fishing BUT, there are really not that many You's around. :D

lol our last mate had three jobs and complained like we were slave drivers. Jig bait, cook food and keep everything neat on the boat.

Top Bottom