Boat Make
33 Flowers.

F/V First Team

Admiral
Website
www.otisenterprisesmarine.com
Boat Make
Northern Bay 36 - Modified
I used to be able to use my cell phone as a mobile modem and got decent downloading speeds so I could stream things online. They've since updated my phones software and I've lost that ability. Sad face :(

That's a good idea though.

Overkill

Lieutenant Commander
Boat Make
44 Calvin Beal
I do. Reception is very weather dependent, I was on Platts a couple weeks ago and could only get a couple Portland channels in the morning but in the afternoon I had 35 channels from Rhode Island to Portland mostly out of Boston. Reception was better before the switch to digital, but I can always get the game on Sundays. I've got a Shakespeare antenna on my radar/light stand, the higher the better, but I don't think you can get one high enough to get the Raiders games.

googinhater

Rear Admiral
Boat Make
38 yb. f/v wildlife
I do. Reception is very weather dependent, I was on Platts a couple weeks ago and could only get a couple Portland channels in the morning but in the afternoon I had 35 channels from Rhode Island to Portland mostly out of Boston. Reception was better before the switch to digital, but I can always get the game on Sundays. I've got a Shakespeare antenna on my radar/light stand, the higher the better, but I don't think you can get one high enough to get the Raiders games.
We have the same thing on the dragger get 20+ch on gorges it works great but its mounted 30 feet up the rigging

maineguides

Lieutenant Commander
I got a cheap flatscreen and a Shakespeare antenna. Total cost was about $250
Get lots of channels but most are in Spanish or shopping network channels. I do get the local channels which means baseball and football. My tv also has a built in DVD player. Before a trip I'll stop at redbox and get a couple movies to watch

Raider Ronnie

Vice Admiral
Lite User
Website
www.bostonharborcharters.com
Boat Make
33 Flowers.

rarel01

Lieutenant
Fellas, I do it all the time!! Over the air tv is truly an uncompressed 1080i signal!check tvfool.com or antenna web you'll be surprised ! After all where's the Yankee spirit?

Overkill

Lieutenant Commander
Boat Make
44 Calvin Beal
The marine ones have a booster that needs power, either 12v or 120, and are omni-directional so u don't loose signal when turning.

I think on like Ronnie linked to would work fine if you were in sight of the mainland especially near Boston.

jerseysportfisher

Rear Admiral
Boat Make
Bertram 33SF
Who here has a TV on their boat ?
I was at a guys house last weekend and on his boat and noticed he had a flat screen mounted and connected to what he said was a $25 digital antenna he bought on Amazon but could be bought at any Radio shack or electronics store.
He told me he's been offshore and picks up about 40-50 digital channels.
Goes tuna fishing in the fall and can watch NFL football . Baseball in summer.
Anyone else watching tv without having to pay for a satellite antenna or satellite service ?

depends on what your broadcasting is, i swapped out the cheapy frisby ray antenna's on 3 sailboats last year. (our area is hd broadcast only now) required an HD antenna swap, wala pretty picture

Wharf Rat

Marine Electronics 'Professional'
Forum Sponsor
Website
www.precisionmarinecenter.com
Boat Make
OPB
I've actually had a lot better experiences especially over the past few years with the HD over the air rollout with the Glomex antennas. And that's important here because we ALSO only get the spanish channels which is all I ever watch other than the Jets.

Raider Ronnie

Vice Admiral
Lite User
Website
www.bostonharborcharters.com
Boat Make
33 Flowers.
Top Bottom