Twin disc gear

Game fisherman

Lieutenant Commander
Boat Make
35 Duffy low shear
Hi all, looking for a twin disc 2.1 gear RH rotation 506. I talked to a guy in maine who said he could make my 1.5:1 gear into a 2.1 gear for about 2500 $ the guy in maine said he heard of a guy on cape cod who maybe able to do the job?
I'm thinking about selling the gear outright and looking for a 2.1 gear? Would love to trade maybe? The guy on the capes name is something like David or Craig craine? Or Kane not positive had a hard time understand a deep north maine guy. The guy in maine owns lee's marine engine and gear nice guy.
Thanks , Kevin

bestfish

Lieutenant Commander
Boat Make
36' Harris Cuttyhunk
I have a 507 2:1 with trolling valve. If interested pm me. Located on cape

Leprechaun

Commander
Boat Make
26' Fortier
Dw Crane Limited

(508) 759-7207

250 Shore Rd, Monument Beach, MA 02553

Dave Crane, good guy .. installed a 3208 in my lobster boat right before I bought it. Up the street from the lobster trap.

jwalka51

Captain
Boat Make
26' Webber Cove lobster boat.
Hi all, looking for a twin disc 2.1 gear RH rotation 506. I talked to a guy in maine who said he could make my 1.5:1 gear into a 2.1 gear for about 2500 $ the guy in maine said he heard of a guy on cape cod who maybe able to do the job?
I'm thinking about selling the gear outright and looking for a 2.1 gear? Would love to trade maybe? The guy on the capes name is something like David or Craig craine? Or Kane not positive had a hard time understand a deep north maine guy. The guy in maine owns lee's marine engine and gear nice guy.
Thanks , Kevin
I told Ben that he wasted his money on that transmission. It was one of the reasons why that Duffy is in your yard instead of mine. Anyhow. It doesnt matter if you have a right hand prop or left hand. Its the same tranny. Just change the linkage. You can use either position as your forward or reverse.

That shaft is too small for how long it is as well. If you are gonna pull that gear you should see if you can flip that new 1-1/2 " shaft that he put in there and get a bigger one. If you move up to that 2:1 gear you will be swinging a bigger wheel for sure and that little shaft will not be your best bet. You should probly go with a 2.5:1 gear and get a 26x26 or something close to that. You would end up turning something like 800 rpms at the prop while cruising at 2000 engine RPM.

Also those front mounts that he made on that engine I dont think that they are attached to the engine the way that they should be. The john deere front engine mounts are supposed to span the whole front of the engine so the some of the tension is taken up by the cross member in between the mounts. He didnt take that into consideration when he built them, I woud look into that.
Other than that, She has an awful lot of potential, Best of luck.

Are you gonna keep the bullet holes.???

Game fisherman

Lieutenant Commander
Boat Make
35 Duffy low shear
I was thinking the same on a gear size talked to h&h they said 2.5:1 would give me a 26x26 prop. Window with bullet holes will make it to the garage wall. I will look at front mounts thanks on that. Kevin

Top Bottom