Underwater lights

lauraa

Ensign
First Name
Lauras
SeaBlaze x2 of Lumitec. Put on the back of a Cruiser, three units across a 15' beam, very easy to install, if you don't mind drilling holes in your transom that will be under water. Lots of caulk recommended. The light works great, blue with a first switch and white with a second switch click. Very bright and extreemly well made, very heavy.....should be for the price!

Wharf Rat

Marine Electronics 'Professional'
Forum Sponsor
Website
www.precisionmarinecenter.com
Boat Make
OPB
SeaBlaze x2 of Lumitec. Put on the back of a Cruiser, three units across a 15' beam, very easy to install, if you don't mind drilling holes in your transom that will be under water. Lots of caulk recommended. The light works great, blue with a first switch and white with a second switch click. Very bright and extreemly well made, very heavy.....should be for the price!
Important to note on all of those surface mount lights like the SeaBlaze, etc; those holes for the screws are not going deep into the transom at all, those are just enough to keep the light fixed while the adhesive cures. it's really the one hole drilled for the cable that goes through the transom. Still recommend using plenty of 4200 sealant on the screws and the entire backend of the fixture, there's no such thing as too much when installing these or a transducer.

WoundUpMarine

Admiral
Lite User
First Name
John
Boat Make
26' Duffy, 23' Seaway, 14' Holland
Last edited:

Downrigga

Rear Admiral
Boat Make
36' NB
I'd like to contest that statement, but you're probably right. Unless they are planning on tanking for Lawrence they have a good chance of getting the W.
At least rat has a legit chance of actually winning a game. It will be interesting anyway.

Wharf Rat

Marine Electronics 'Professional'
Forum Sponsor
Website
www.precisionmarinecenter.com
Boat Make
OPB
You guys are all insane; let's be real here. The Pats have at least been able to score a touchdown this year.. I'm in a Monday Night Box Pool and pissed that I didn't get the 0 or 3 box for the Jets.
Remember, the Jets played a 'Home' game against Denver who trotted out a QB who had NEVER started a game in his life, and we still had no chance.

I'll be SHOCKED if we manage to score an offensive TD, and even more shocked if we score more than 10 points TOTAL. Considering the Pats defense has a penchant for scoring points, I don't even think you guys need to even run any offensive plays; just punt it on first down and let the Jets fuck it up somehow.

Good luck.

Downrigga

Rear Admiral
Boat Make
36' NB
You guys are all insane; let's be real here. The Pats have at least been able to score a touchdown this year.. I'm in a Monday Night Box Pool and pissed that I didn't get the 0 or 3 box for the Jets.
Remember, the Jets played a 'Home' game against Denver who trotted out a QB who had NEVER started a game in his life, and we still had no chance.

I'll be SHOCKED if we manage to score an offensive TD, and even more shocked if we score more than 10 points TOTAL. Considering the Pats defense has a penchant for scoring points, I don't even think you guys need to even run any offensive plays; just punt it on first down and let the Jets fuck it up somehow.

Good luck.
We only have one offensive play....cam runs the ball down field. Should be easy to defend.

Downrigga

Rear Admiral
Boat Make
36' NB
Again, you guys don't even have to run a play! Just punt it on 1st down. The Jets will either muff the punt, throw a pick or fumble the ball to you. Cam doesn't even have to play!
God that was funny !! You crack me up man.

HARDTAIL

Lieutenant Commander
Lite User

Downrigga

Rear Admiral
Boat Make
36' NB
I used ocean led. I filled the old 3"holes in with hull and deck. Used cloth soaked in epoxy to lay over the inside patch. Sanded the outside smooth. Drilled a 3/4 " hole thru the patch hole, painted the bottom paint on and installed the new lights.

Last edited:

HARDTAIL

Lieutenant Commander
Lite User

HARDTAIL

Lieutenant Commander
Lite User

leaky

Vice Admiral
Bumping this back up.

My winter project is going through all the thru-hulls below my waterline. The boat is setup with two thru-hull lights on the centerline of the transom....one on top of the other. These were old technology & in need of upgrading. I'm guessing these date back to the original build of the boat around 2007. I pulled these out last week & everything looks good at the thru-hull penetrations. Part of this process is to eliminate as many unwanted holes in my hull as possible.

Most likely I will just go with mounting a couple of lights as my access is limited to my rudder post box. What would you guys recommend for that application? I'm just looking for something to use on my overnight canyon runs for squid & bait...not looking for anything flashy for sitting in the harbor or at the dock. Just want something functional & well made.

How are you guys mounting these new/modern underwater lights? I'm told that they require only a small say 1/4" hole to run the wires through? What are you looking at for prices? I see some of these units come as kits & run in the $3000 range just for two lights & a controller! I was anticipating maybe $600.00- $1,000 for two lights. When I saw $3000......Ouch!

Any feedback would be appreciated. Thanks. View attachment 99248 View attachment 99249

I was just recently looking at them myself and decided if I want lights some day, more research and $$ is going to be required than I am willing to put into it for the time being..

On the flip side, IMO as cool as underwater lights look, nothing I have witnessed beats having powerful overhead lights as far as bringing bait up, if that's what you goal is anyway.

HARDTAIL

Lieutenant Commander
Lite User

Viexile

Lieutenant Commander
I think I paid $500 (?) for a pair of Imtra underwater lights. Don't know. A friend in NH got them for me for the sailboat last year. I thought they were quite pricey. Heavy bronze units. I guess I should pay him for them, but it was his idea. I thought I understood that you could pick your color RGBW. I just put them away while I escaped south. Maybe I'll slap them under the ass of the Dyer 29. Night fishing Yellowtail (not fin) down here is big business. Not hard to boat hundreds of pounds a night. Big schools. When I used to take people snorkling out to Buck Island I'd let them get in the water - couple of wrecks on bottom - thousands of yellowtail. No fishing. A handful of Doritos tossed from the boat onto the wife while she was snorkling one day didn't go over well. Swarmed by hundreds of 2' yellowtail. She popped up with a very vocal, shrill WTF?? Underwater Lights | Imtra

Top Bottom