Unique....

jnoon

Lieutenant Commander
I believe this boat was in Shinnecock tied up at Jacksons Marina this winter for a little while. Looks very impressive....better than the pics.

CCtuna

Rear Admiral
Boat Make
Some day...
Kinda reminds me of the tuna tangler too...does a boat like this really need birds?

Boatliftman

Lieutenant
I have worked on a few small boat ls with birds and they work well when towing scallop gear?

RyanA

Lieutenant
It certainly looks like you'd have to watch the weather a whole less. A great platform for the fall. And I second that comment about at least some profile resemblance to The Dixon's. probably less in person, and more on film.

hague

Lieutenant Commander
talked to this guy on radio off chatham last year said she was rolly without the sissy arms

googinhater

Rear Admiral
Boat Make
38 yb. f/v wildlife
talked to this guy on radio off chatham last year said she was rolly without the sissy arms
So is any boat you put them down and feel the boat get pulled down there great but you don't know its shity till its to realy shitty

WRHardie

Commander
I'm unfortunately living in Ohio right now but bou
When I started work on the JohnDeWolf she had no riggers like a proper Eastern Rig, we had come back from Amory's Va and Larson decided the boat was going to day scallop. The outriggers were on and she was an entirely different boat, not in a good way. If a boats gonna roll I think it should be a quick and snappy thing, going side to on her in anything over 20knts was spooky. She'd take too long to recover and I quit. I hate them unless a rig is designed to have them, and wouldn't want to deal with that shit on a rod and reel boat.

googinhater

Rear Admiral
Boat Make
38 yb. f/v wildlife
If your line is going the hit the chain and bird you are in some shit they are out of the way I fished tuna on a boat with them and it worked great for us I like them and wouldn't think twice of using them when fishing and on a down east boat there great but make for wet boat if its blowing more then 20 you need full rain gear

WRHardie

Commander
I'm unfortunately living in Ohio right now but bou
Different strokes I guess, aside from the DeWolf I've never been on a rig smaller than 60' with them. She was a wet boat to begin with which made picking the pile interesting. I gotta photo somewhere taken on the Bookie with a slob bigeye hanging over the water wrapped up on a bird the crew forgot to pull in before hauling. Gotta figure out the scanner thing.

Last edited:

Latest Posts

Top Bottom