Valborg

Tunahead

Lieutenant Commander
Website
www.captbillsmith.com
Boat Make
Have 5! Make that 6 ....
Valborg a 38 Holland has been for sale now for over a year at the "reduced" price of 120,000.00. Recently it seen in the National Fisherman classifieds. Last year it was on Yachtworld. The boat is interesting, and my son and I like it, but it is way overpriced. Belongs to a guy in the Merchant Marine I'm told. Nevertheless, maybe he's tired of paying the tab on it and willing to get realistic about selling it.
Does anyone know anything about the boat? Facts only please. We can all speculate till the cows come home and it means nothing, but I do think if it were realistically priced it would make a nice tuna/ swordfish boat for my son and I. Thanks and Happy Easter to everyone!
BTW, if anyone knows of a realistically priced, downeast hull tuna boat please email me at [email protected]
Thanks again.

Last edited:

twister

Captain
Boat Make
37 Mitchell cove
I also was interested in this boat but I think for the money there are boats that you can do some work to and will make better rigs or there have been better rigs but I have been slow on.

googinhater

Rear Admiral
Boat Make
38 yb. f/v wildlife
I tryed calling meny times no answer I left messages try email and no response at all its like the Guy don't want to sell or show the boat its a nice ride good power no box the olny thing I would have done is greenstick and sturn controls she's a nice one but like you both said I was going in knowing I was going to low ball if I made an offer

F/V First Team

Admiral
Website
www.otisenterprisesmarine.com
Boat Make
Northern Bay 36 - Modified
Vessel Name: VALBORG USCG Doc. No.: 914876 Vessel Service: COMMERCIAL FISHING VESSEL IMO Number: * Trade Indicator: Coastwise Unrestricted, Fishery Call Sign: WDE6654 Hull Material: FRP (FIBERGLASS) Hull Number: HLG38003C787 Ship Builder: HOLLAND'S BOAT SHOP, INC Year Built: 1987

Length (ft.): 38.1 Hailing Port: PEAKS ISLAND ME Hull Depth (ft.): 6.4 Owner: DRAGOR FISHERIES INC
MOORING #830 PO BOX 67
PEAKS ISLAND, ME 04108 Hull Breadth (ft.): 12.7 Gross Tonnage: 20 Net Tonnage: 16 Documentation Issuance Date: October 24, 2012 Documentation Expiration Date: November 30, 2013 Previous Vessel Names: KAHUNA
TUNA DEVIL
Previous Vessel Owners: DRAGOR FISHERIES INC

Tunahead

Lieutenant Commander
Website
www.captbillsmith.com
Boat Make
Have 5! Make that 6 ....
Vessel Name: VALBORG USCG Doc. No.: 914876 Vessel Service: COMMERCIAL FISHING VESSEL IMO Number: * Trade Indicator: Coastwise Unrestricted, Fishery Call Sign: WDE6654 Hull Material: FRP (FIBERGLASS) Hull Number: HLG38003C787 Ship Builder: HOLLAND'S BOAT SHOP, INC Year Built: 1987

Length (ft.): 38.1 Hailing Port: PEAKS ISLAND ME Hull Depth (ft.): 6.4 Owner: DRAGOR FISHERIES INC
MOORING #830 PO BOX 67
PEAKS ISLAND, ME 04108 Hull Breadth (ft.): 12.7 Gross Tonnage: 20 Net Tonnage: 16 Documentation Issuance Date: October 24, 2012 Documentation Expiration Date: November 30, 2013 Previous Vessel Names: KAHUNA
TUNA DEVIL
Previous Vessel Owners: DRAGOR FISHERIES INC

She's an old Montauk boat. I remember her in the harbor. Started there I think. The guy travels alot so it was hard to reach him last year when it was "reduced" to 120,000.00.
Never get attached to one boat when buying one, my grandfather used to always tell me, and he was right about that too!

googinhater

Rear Admiral
Boat Make
38 yb. f/v wildlife
You got that right we have had 4 boats under contact and hopefully this Wesmac is the last but like we all know its not over till the moneys in hand

Machias

Lieutenant Commander
I know Kirk through a buddy of mine he is a good guy. I think he redid the fuel tanks last year and had some other work done to it. He is a Merchant Marine so he is gone for weeks/months at a time. I'll try and see if I can get a hold of him and get him on here.

Tunahead

Lieutenant Commander
Website
www.captbillsmith.com
Boat Make
Have 5! Make that 6 ....
I know Kirk through a buddy of mine he is a good guy. I think he redid the fuel tanks last year and had some other work done to it. He is a Merchant Marine so he is gone for weeks/months at a time. I'll try and see if I can get a hold of him and get him on here.

I agree. Never met him, but talked to him and his parents in spring of 2012 when we started looking. He seemed like a great guy, and I understand his busy schedule, believe me.
If you could touch base with him that would be great. As I said we ( my sons and I) like the boat and may want to see it if he can get realistic about the price. If he really doesn't want to sell it, that's fine too. Appreciate your help.
Happy Easter!

maineguides

Lieutenant Commander
Absolutely beautiful boat. She was anchored up next to me on the tuna grounds last year. She looks good going through the water also. I'm also n the market for this a boat like this but I also looked at the price and said no way. I figured it wasn't really for sale but if someone wants to pay the price it could be. Kinda like most of the waterfront houses

Top Bottom