Lite User
First Name
Erik
Boat Make
Crowley Beal 28

flatcat

Lieutenant Commander
new hampshire oil undercoating black
for best results clean up any rust areas with a wire brush then apply with a brush

plowin

Rear Admiral
Boat Make
33' flowers
I live on a salt marsh and all the farmers here that cut marsh hay spray the undersides of their trucks and tractors with a combination of used motor oil and diesel fuel. They typically use a drive over pit and spray it from underneath and let it drip off onto some cardboard then burn it. I have yet to see a tractor or farm truck rust out And they are out in the saltwater regularly.

morgan1727

Commander
I live on a salt marsh and all the farmers here that cut marsh hay spray the undersides of their trucks and tractors with a combination of used motor oil and diesel fuel. They typically use a drive over pit and spray it from underneath and let it drip off onto some cardboard then burn it. I have yet to see a tractor or farm truck rust out And they are out in the saltwater regularly.
heard the same for a cattle farmer, sprayed his trucks with kerosene

Diesel Jerry

Admiral
Lite User

tsharac

Commander
First Name
Tim
Boat Make
1976 20' Eastporter; 1976 16' Stratford dory
When Toyota recalled and replaced my Tacoma frame, I sprayed the new one down with Amsoil HD Metal Protector.

Wear a respirator while underneath spraying.

Genius

Admiral
First Name
David
Boat Make
32 Morse Cove
we talk about it often at the shop. It seems factory treatment is some sort of waxy concoction . The boys have tried all sorts of stuff and finding used ATF fluids and others to remove the factory applications for the worse. Annual coatings of fluid film (bought in the 5 gallon pails) to be the most effective. One guy is trying this Cosmoline product, looks promising.

Screen Shot 2022-05-19 at 1.27.45 PM.png

Dslpwr

Rear Admiral
Boat Make
35' Mitchell Cove, 13’ Whaler
we talk about it often at the shop. It seems factory treatment is some sort of waxy concoction . The boys have tried all sorts of stuff and finding used ATF fluids and others to remove the factory applications for the worse. Annual coatings of fluid film (bought in the 5 gallon pails) to be the most effective. One guy is trying this Cosmoline product, looks promising.

View attachment 134749
Have be around this stuff. Seems to last well

WoundUpMarine

Admiral
Lite User
Website
www.woundupmarine.com
First Name
John
Boat Make
26' Duffy, 23' Seaway, 14' Holland

Dave588

Commander
Boiled linseed oil. You can combine it with rustoleum oil paint or wax products or straight.

buca18

Lieutenant
First Name
John
Boat Make
26' General Marine
Used fluid film on my 2001 Chevy 2500. Bought it with 80k, sold it with 300k. People couldn't believe how clean it was underneath. Had my "new" 2001 Dodge NH oil undercoated in the fall. Happy with the coverage and how well it lasted the winter. Woolwax is another great product. Kind of like a thicker fluid film

slow troller

Rear Admiral
Lite User
Boat Make
Fortier 26

Top Bottom