Volvo KAD 42

pugsley

Captain
I have a friend with a Volvo KAD 42 for sale, I think it has like 1600 hours on it with a volvo dp. I don't know very much about this motor, but if you are interested i can give you his number. I think he wants 4k for the whole rig, but will split it up if you want.

Kennybeag

Ensign
Still available

Is this still for sale? I am buying a boat with a kad 42 and was looking for a spare

steveinak

Admiral
Boat Make
31 BHM
Is this still for sale? I am buying a boat with a kad 42 and was looking for a spare

your going to need it, just about every 42 they installed in the gillnet bowpickers in Cordova, Ak blew up within 1000 hours(over 100 engines), i think it was something to do with a bad #5 piston, volvo tried to weasle out of doing the warranty work on them and after the lawyers got through with volvo they were replacing 42's with cummins or refunding the guys money.

pugsley

Captain
your going to need it, just about every 42 they installed in the gillnet bowpickers in Cordova, Ak blew up within 1000 hours(over 100 engines), i think it was something to do with a bad #5 piston, volvo tried to weasle out of doing the warranty work on them and after the lawyers got through with volvo they were replacing 42's with cummins or refunding the guys money.

damn, that ain't good,

i thought i read on this forum somewhere that volvos never blew up. :confused:

Top Bottom