Volvo QL Trim Tab System Problem

md2020

Ensign
Hoping someone out there has seen this before, getting an Error Code-6, both green top lights blinking which means no communication between control unit and control switch panel. I have used a meter and verified all wires in Data Link have continuity. All connections are clean and tight, and system was working flawlessly all season. I tried to recalibrate but it will not move any of the blades before trouble code comes back on. There is definitely battery voltage at the control unit and power at the switch. Any thoughts or troubleshooting steps to take next?

Thanks for any info.

YoBo

Ensign
Hi, Just wondering if you ever resolved this. I have exactly the same problem/fault as you had. The power to the control unit is there as well as continuity on the data link. I am thinking that maybe I need to change the control unit but don't want to buy a new one on the chance that may be the problem.

Peter Timmins

Ensign
Hoping someone out there has seen this before, getting an Error Code-6, both green top lights blinking which means no communication between control unit and control switch panel. I have used a meter and verified all wires in Data Link have continuity. All connections are clean and tight, and system was working flawlessly all season. I tried to recalibrate but it will not move any of the blades before trouble code comes back on. There is definitely battery voltage at the control unit and power at the switch. Any thoughts or troubleshooting steps to take next?

Thanks for any info.
Im having the same issue did you ever get to the bottom of this problem ,if so how did you fix it
Regards Peter

YoBo

Ensign
Im having the same issue did you ever get to the bottom of this problem ,if so how did you fix it
Regards Peter
Yes, I couldn't trace the problem. I even had a Volvo Penta engineer who was working on a boat next to me test the system with the vodia tool but no fault showed up. So, in the end I just bought a new control unit (the part with various sockets) and the system started working perfectly again.
Good luck
Paul

Peter Timmins

Ensign
Yes, I couldn't trace the problem. I even had a Volvo Penta engineer who was working on a boat next to me test the system with the vodia tool but no fault showed up. So, in the end I just bought a new control unit (the part with various sockets) and the system started working perfectly again.
Good luck
Paul
Thank You Paul
Yes i have checked it out and it all points to the control unit 12 volts in and .6 of a volt out to the trim tabs so i will have to buy one.

Fishonnelsons

Rear Admiral
Lite User
Website
Www.bethanncharters.com
First Name
Rich
Boat Make
38 Wesmac, 29 Dyer

Blitzen

Admiral
Boat Make
Flowers Boat Works 46 hull #1, Flowers Boat Works 36 hull #1, Wayne Beal 28 Hull #1, Repco 30 1968,
Does anyone have any feed back on the Humphee system since Volvo purchased company? Does the Volvo QL product line still exist? And lastly how does this system compare to the ZipWake system?

Fishonnelsons

Rear Admiral
Lite User
Website
Www.bethanncharters.com
First Name
Rich
Boat Make
38 Wesmac, 29 Dyer
Top Bottom