Volvo TMAD 73 series

Hobo

Ensign
First Name
B
I’m looking for issues with Volvo TMAD 73 series,480hp. Having pre-purchase survey soon. 36ft DE cruiser. (2001). I’d like to know what should have been performed maintenance wise and what I should be expecting to do and any known glaring issues.

tunafishhkg

Captain
Boat Make
35 Duffy
One thing to check is the ring on the inside of turbo air inlet.I have seen A few that have come loose in the 74 series but worth the check other than that, aftercooler service. Good luck

Hobo

Ensign
First Name
B
I would get a hold of Brian McDonnell (VOLVO GURU of the Northeast) and talk to him or have him survey your engine.
860 243 9114
I reached out to him Saturday and waiting to hear back. For everyone that responds here I’d like to thank you in advance. New to DE and coming out of a bigger SF. I have talked to many DE builders outside of this forum and the open sharing of time and knowledge has been unparalleled. Hope to garner and share my knowledge at some point.

Genius

Admiral
First Name
David
Boat Make
32 Morse Cove
Is this the EVC control system or a pure mechanical engine?

Hobo

Ensign
First Name
B
Is this the EVC control system or a pure mechanical engine?
I hope pure mechanical, owner is away until later this week. I have little information. The shielding says Volvo Penta series 73 Detroit Diesel

Genius

Admiral
First Name
David
Boat Make
32 Morse Cove
I think EDC & EVC are two different systems. EDC is the early control system I had on my KAD44.

Members online

Top Bottom