WANTED: 38 Northern Bay

lobstercatcher

Rear Admiral
I have one. I am trying to upsize. I went and looked at the Flowers 43 a few weeks ago. Ken said he couldn't build me one this year. The other builders are that far out too but I could check again. So .... when is your time frame. Do you have something small I could jump into and fish out of while a new boat is being built?

flybridge

Lieutenant
Website
www.miltzmaritime.com
I have one. I am trying to upsize. I went and looked at the Flowers 43 a few weeks ago. Ken said he couldn't build me one this year. The other builders are that far out too but I could check again. So .... when is your time frame. Do you have something small I could jump into and fish out of while a new boat is being built?

Lobstercatcher,

Can you please email e with the specs and your asking price

Thanks

BunkerMan

Commander
38 northern

Hey Morty check out tunaorlators northern bay it's a 36 but as sweet as they come !!! And call me when u get a chance !!

lobstercatcher

Rear Admiral
Lobstercatcher,

Can you please email e with the specs and your asking price

Thanks

Launched in spring 2009.
Powered by a Volvo D6 330. With ZF 2 1/2 : 1. Tier 11 compliant engine.
Hull and top by Northern Bay DE Composites/ John Hutchins
Finished by Guptill Custom Finishers/ Ira Guptill
All composite construction . The only thing on this boat that is wood is the gaff stick.
Dual ram Power steering in one of 5 water tight compartments.
2" ss shaft
26 x 22 Michigan dyna quad wheel
Inclosed wheel house with starboard lift side shield and slide away rear door. ( opens it up nice for warm weather use)
Flip up opening front starboard window/ one slide rear window. All other windows stationary.
2 bilge pumps and a high water alarm
electric clutch 1 1/4 raw water washdown.
V berth
Cabin hatch

Lobster boat with inclosed transom
12" ss hydroslave hauler with 14" motor and pump. shaft driven on electric clutch.
SS A frame square tube davit.

High end lobster finish that is very suitable for pleasure or tuna fishing. The tuna guys love these boats.

flybridge

Lieutenant
Website
www.miltzmaritime.com
How many HP on the engine? Do you have any pictures?

Thanks

Launched in spring 2009.
Powered by a Volvo D6 330. With ZF 2 1/2 : 1. Tier 11 compliant engine.
Hull and top by Northern Bay DE Composites/ John Hutchins
Finished by Guptill Custom Finishers/ Ira Guptill
All composite construction . The only thing on this boat that is wood is the gaff stick.
Dual ram Power steering in one of 5 water tight compartments.
2" ss shaft
26 x 22 Michigan dyna quad wheel
Inclosed wheel house with starboard lift side shield and slide away rear door. ( opens it up nice for warm weather use)
Flip up opening front starboard window/ one slide rear window. All other windows stationary.
2 bilge pumps and a high water alarm
electric clutch 1 1/4 raw water washdown.
V berth
Cabin hatch

Lobster boat with inclosed transom
12" ss hydroslave hauler with 14" motor and pump. shaft driven on electric clutch.
SS A frame square tube davit.

High end lobster finish that is very suitable for pleasure or tuna fishing. The tuna guys love these boats.

lobstercatcher

Rear Admiral
How many HP on the engine? Do you have any pictures?

Thanks

A Volvo D6 330 is 330 hp. There is a full build of the boat on Noreast.com

This boat is sometimes featured in Volvo Penta D6 advertising. When launched. The sea trial clocked out at 27mph. I do yearly maintaince in May or June so although the boat is in the water. I don't think It would do 27 right now.

flybridge

Lieutenant
Website
www.miltzmaritime.com
A Volvo D6 330 is 330 hp. There is a full build of the boat on Noreast.com

This boat is sometimes featured in Volvo Penta D6 advertising. When launched. The sea trial clocked out at 27mph. I do yearly maintaince in May or June so although the boat is in the water. I don't think It would do 27 right now.

I will check it out thanks

Capt2020

Lieutenant
I flew out to Wisconsin to look at that 38 northern bay with check in hand. Hull was dull with lots of scratches and a real bad gouged from a chain. Also the deck and roof was spongy. Not from root but from the lack of supports. Can go on but won't. Wasted trip!

flybridge

Lieutenant
Website
www.miltzmaritime.com
Morty,

I'm looking for a 39 Willard with a 671. Any if those around?

HAHA! I heard she's GONE! Congrats

I flew out to Wisconsin to look at that 38 northern bay with check in hand. Hull was dull with lots of scratches and a real bad gouged from a chain. Also the deck and roof was spongy. Not from root but from the lack of supports. Can go on but won't. Wasted trip!

Capt,

I had a feeling that boat wasn't looking good just by the way it was finished . . . Looks like crap

daytripper

Lieutenant Commander
Never heard a good thing about them. Funny because everyone seems to like the 36s.

Capt2020

Lieutenant
Just want to make this clear, this 38nb was finish be the owner. Deck,top and down below. NB does a great job!

lobstercatcher

Rear Admiral
Just want to make this clear, this 38nb was finish be the owner. Deck,top and down below. NB does a great job!

All the NB38s I saw in finish shops up in Maine were outstanding. Granted, I need a lobster boat but everything I saw far exceeded what I needed . That is why you get them finished in Maine. Finished in Maine is what gives a downeast boat the reputation downeast boats have. You can't duplicate Maine boat builders. Even if they guide you on finishing, You probably can't get done what they can do.

Top Bottom