Wanted Good Windlass

captainlarry84

Rear Admiral
Boat Make
KristenFormer Charter Captain
Richie go for the Good it is top notch & local built in NJ. It pulls like a mule. Great free drop & and easy install. Customer service, family run business. You always get dad or the sons. Your will not be sorry.
Biggest pain in a.. was cutting the bow rail & getting a perfect tube bend for a real nice finished look. The rail came out mint! you can barely see the seam which I sleeved & pinned. The cut was made with a high grade tube cutter.

good.jpg

March photo 06 125.jpg

March photo 06 153.jpg

Picture 048.jpg

captainlarry84

Rear Admiral
Boat Make
KristenFormer Charter Captain
Hey Larry
I'm going to get it, just looking for a good price.
Your install looks A-1!!

Shoot the lock off your wallet, nothing is worse that running up to the bow to give it a kick. You are only doing this once if you buy a NEW Good Free-drop Unit.

Keelboater

Admiral
Boat Make
35' Bruno & Stillman
I had two different boats that came with the Good horizontal shaft windlass. They did not take chain, and they never worked. Three friends also had the same model as mine on their boats and they never worked. Talked with Good at one of the shows and they said they would take mine on a trade towards the vertical shaft model as shown in your pics. Very nice people and very sincere. It seemed to be light years ahead of the horizontal shaft deck mount model that I had, but I opted for a closeout deal on a Maxwell instead simply due to price. I wound up giving the old one to a friend who used it for parts to fix his........and it still didn't work. Go vertical shaft whatever you do. Their horizontal shaft models seem to have bad juju.

LadyMaureen

Captain
Boat Make
Wesmac
My brother salvaged a reel good windlass off his boat wrecked during sandy. The windlass was a few months old and not affected by the storm. He is here on Long island also. I am reaching out to him now for actual details and pics for you. Maybe pm me your phone your phone number ?

Top Bottom