Water pressure system question?

Dueregard

Ensign
First Name
Chris
Hi there, I was away from my boat for a couple of month have come back and am having an issue with my fresh water system. The system uses an accumulator tank. I turn on the water pressure pump and the pressure never gets high enough to have the cutoff switch cut in and turn the pump off. I checked the pump for debris (none) and cleaned the inline filter before the pump (just a couple of specks). I have now replaced the pump entirely and the system still does not pressurize, although there is more water coming out when I open a faucet. I can see no visible leaks (I'll check more). There is however ALOT of bubbling or gurgling in the accumulator tank as the pump tries to pressurize. I am thinking the bladder in the accumulator tank is shot and that is causing the problem. But I am not sure because wouldn't the tank just fill up entirely and at that point the system would be pressurized? Curious is anyone out there has an idea. Thanks.

ARC

Rear Admiral
Boat Make
31’ eastern Casco Bay
Yes you are right about the accumulator. It is a buffer for the pressure dead band. Is there any return line on the accumulator tank? If not then the water has no where to go. That means the bubbles are your clue. It may be a suction problem . I would hook up a short suction hose and stick it in a 1 gallon jug. SS if the problem goes away. The water should not have air in it at all

Mr Machine

Commander
Boat Make
36 Northern Bay
Hi there, I was away from my boat for a couple of month have come back and am having an issue with my fresh water system. The system uses an accumulator tank. I turn on the water pressure pump and the pressure never gets high enough to have the cutoff switch cut in and turn the pump off. I checked the pump for debris (none) and cleaned the inline filter before the pump (just a couple of specks). I have now replaced the pump entirely and the system still does not pressurize, although there is more water coming out when I open a faucet. I can see no visible leaks (I'll check more). There is however ALOT of bubbling or gurgling in the accumulator tank as the pump tries to pressurize. I am thinking the bladder in the accumulator tank is shot and that is causing the problem. But I am not sure because wouldn't the tank just fill up entirely and at that point the system would be pressurized? Curious is anyone out there has an idea. Thanks.
Most likely the bladder .
If it has a valve stem on it push it in .. if water comes out replace your tank

05bill

Rear Admiral
Boat Make
rp, willis beal
had a jabsco accumulator system,( not a fan of jabsco), the tank always gave me a proble like you are describing. changed it out with a pump that pumps when water is called for, works perfectly. i would not go back to an accumulating tank.

Dueregard

Ensign
First Name
Chris
Yes you are right about the accumulator. It is a buffer for the pressure dead band. Is there any return line on the accumulator tank? If not then the water has no where to go. That means the bubbles are your clue. It may be a suction problem . I would hook up a short suction hose and stick it in a 1 gallon jug. SS if the problem goes away. The water should not have air in it at all
Hi there, thanks. I do not think there is a return line. What do you mean SS?

Dueregard

Ensign
First Name
Chris
Hi the problem was a small leak in the connection to the filter. I removed the filter and connected straight to the pump. The water is filtered as I put it into the tank. So far so good.

Latest Posts

Top Bottom