wayne beal,s shop today

unclefish

Commander
Boat Make
32 Mitchell Cove
We stopped in at Wayne beals shop today 2 kids in there putting mold release on mold asked what it was and he said it was a new 32 mold. I didn't have time to wait and ask wayne what beam she had but it looked wide. one of the boys thought it was as wide as the 34 wb. Something to look into for somebody shopping for a 32 ft hull. Looking for some beam. I would love to see some pictures when she pops out off the mold.

Powderpro

Vice Admiral
Website
www.oneilboats.com
Boat Make
O'Neil
Did this 32' hull have a hard chine? I heard rumors that he had taken his 34', put hard chines in it, and shortened it to 32'. Do you have any pics?
So it sounds like Wayne Beal is building boats again... His 36' and 40' seem to be real popular boats.

unclefish

Commander
Boat Make
32 Mitchell Cove
I didn't take any pictures cause Wayne wasn't there. And know that I think about it the one kid was walking down a flat surface all the way to the back of the boat, might have been the hard Chine. Hard to picture when you are standing there looking at @ half's when inside out.

cb34

Rear Admiral
wb 32

May be the 32 hard chime he was working on 7 years ago:rolleyes:

cb34

Rear Admiral

Thats the one, anyone know anything regarding performance?

Powderpro

Vice Admiral
Website
www.oneilboats.com
Boat Make
O'Neil
Bill- That link you provided has some nice pics. In that thread, Jolly Roger says "the wyb 32' is a wyb 36'cut down , cut at the waterline & widened battened, shortened 4'".

I thought it was his 34' hull that was modified and shortened 2'. I'm curious why Wayne would shorten the hull 2'. Then you would also have to shorten the keel.

Fish220sr

Captain
Lite User
Boat Make
29' Webbers Cove
Last edited:

Aspiration33

Lieutenant
Bill- That link you provided has some nice pics. In that thread, Jolly Roger says "the wyb 32' is a wyb 36'cut down , cut at the waterline & widened battened, shortened 4'".

I thought it was his 34' hull that was modified and shortened 2'. I'm curious why Wayne would shorten the hull 2'. Then you would also have to shorten the keel.

It was the 34, not the 36. As it said in the article, Wayne Beal wanted something "Different", different from all others, and something smaller than the 34 hull he was used to constructing as his smallest boat. Wayne told me that he had never seen any boat like that, or hard chine of such. I don't think that Wayne knew that he would end up with what he did, but the finished product is a mighty fine piece of work and that has become a vessel unlike many others. Great Design Wayne Beal, you have changed the way we look at lobster boats.....more than once.

Last edited:

El Mar

Admiral
Lite User
First Name
Bryan
Boat Make
43 Tiara Open DDEC, GradyWhite 226, 18 Donzi Classic, 15 Boston Whaler Sport ETec 60

Powderpro

Vice Admiral
Website
www.oneilboats.com
Boat Make
O'Neil
Just about every downeast sport (non-commercial) boat I've seen built in the last few years has lifting rails on them, so to me it seems logical to build a chine exactly like Wayne did. It's a beautiful boat he has there, just wish it was a little bigger :). I personally don't like the idea of putting 30+ bolts through the bottom of a hull, which is required when you install lifting rails, plus the extra labor and materials required; just doesn't make sense to me.

Does anyone know the specs on Shoals Run? Engine, speed? Beautiful boat.

MDI45

Vice Admiral
Boat Make
45MDI /28WB
ElMar.happy new year... that boat looks nice black white and blue ...i plan to paint my boat like that one day

Blitzen

Admiral
Boat Make
Flowers Boat Works 46 hull #1, Flowers Boat Works 36 hull #1, Wayne Beal 28 Hull #1, Repco 30 1968,
Just about every downeast sport (non-commercial) boat I've seen built in the last few years has lifting rails on them, so to me it seems logical to build a chine exactly like Wayne did. It's a beautiful boat he has there, just wish it was a little bigger :). I personally don't like the idea of putting 30+ bolts through the bottom of a hull, which is required when you install lifting rails, plus the extra labor and materials required; just doesn't make sense to me.

I don't either that is why we glassed my rails on. I don't know why they all don't just glass them on.

BillD

Admiral
Portsmouth NH, boating out of the mighty Merrimack
Boat Make
25 Terry Jason with Cummins 370 power
Interesting story and design.

I resurrected this thread with a question or two that has come up now and again since this forum got cooking.

This head chine 32 Wayne Beal, similar to the hard chine 29 Webbers Cove (Pemaquid now)?????

Would these two hulls "pound" way more than a soft chine boat?

Would these two hulls be "pushed around" more in a following sea than a round chine boat ?

Add the skeg design too and this boat must pound pretty good ??

CEShawn

Vice Admiral
Boat Make
Downeastless
WOW... between lifting rails I always like and now that color scheme, I really like it... Maybe that is something I will go after when I repaint mine, fingers crossed, spring 2014. Any thoughts on doing the boot stripe with some of the deep blue below it, rather than the band... just curious... beautiful boat...

Top Bottom