Wet Sisu 26

yanmar

Captain
Boat Make
26 chesepeake 22 tripp
All the info i read about the Sisu 26 never mentioned a wet boat . I took my boat out yesterday for the first time in the ocean with snotty conditions and heres what i found out . 4 foot seas in the morning and into them she will take as much as the operator wanted to ( thank god i had some fresh rain x on the glass ) but she was taking a LOT over the bow and the end of the roof looked like a broken gutter . Following sea was a little bit of a hand full at times ( pretty typical i thought ) I bought the boat with out a sea trial as it was on the hard and the price was way below the average price . So a couple of questions 1. Do i have too much weight hanging of the bow for this boat ( double anchoring system weighing between 225 and 275 ) 2. It has molded spray rails , maybe an addition set above ? Thanks Dennis P.S. anyone claiming this boat is not a roller please , Its a ROLLER but i can live with it

F/V First Team

Admiral
Website
www.otisenterprisesmarine.com
Boat Make
Northern Bay 36 - Modified
Fill a 55 gallon drum with water and put it in the stern, see how that does offsetting the weight forward.

It's only a 26, you can expect it to be wet. Wave height in relation to bow height and all. If you have a friend who can run with you, have them take photos of your vessel at speed, you can go from there and decide if you want additional spray rails.

gmarine25

Lieutenant
Yeah I was gonna say a 4 foot sea in a 26 foot lobster boat and powering into it will definitely give you some good spray...I say accept it and enjoy the ride ;)

Top Bottom