Wet vs dry exhaust?

lobstercraven

Commander
I though I sent you a PM asking where you fished out of. Curious if our paths have ever crossed or if we know any of the same people. The Maine lobstering community is small.
You probably did . I never saw it if you did. I’m not real tech savvy. I’m out of Perkins cove ogunquit

Powderpro

Vice Admiral
Website
www.oneilboats.com
Boat Make
O'Neil
I’ve seen a lot of terrible dry exhaust designs/executions. Don’t know why it’s done poorly so often, but I’ve never had a single problem or issue with my dry installs. Key is to insulate the exhaust pipe in the engine room, put a shroud around the pipe where it exits the deck, place the muffler in the aluminum shroud that keeps everything dry, have a removable cap that covers the shroud top, and run the exhaust to the height you prefer.
Having said that, I prefer a wet system unless the application requires dry.

Kailua Kid

Commander
Website
www.gibbonslawgroup.com
Boat Make
General Marine 26; Klamath 19; Sparkman & Stephens Yankee 38 sloop
Nautilus sourced the muffler and fabricated the stack. The muffler is insulated and you can keep your hand on it no problem. The stand pipe/flange and the top pipe get hot. Have to go out of your way to touch those parts. White hose on deck is my washdown. Cooling water discharge is by the steering bulkhead on the starboard side. Good spot to wash hands when hauling gear. View attachment 102874
Great set up! Efficient. Robust. Easy to maintain. Easy to monitor flow through engine. Safe.

Top Bottom