What Boat is this?

Boat Make
Jarvis Newman 36
We saw this boat in Pemaquid Harbor over the weekend. I believe it is a Newman 36. "Gustavia" is the name and port is New Harbor, Maine. I think the boat was previously called "Runaway" and was refinished by Newman and Gray,:confused: but I am not sure. I think it is a nice looking boat. Any help on what it is and history? Thanks

Oh yea- The boat in the background of the last picture is "Belatrix" from Pownal Maine. Nice family on it out for a cruise.

DSC_0229.jpg

DSC_0307.jpg

DSC_0238.jpg

F/V First Team

Admiral
Website
www.otisenterprisesmarine.com
Boat Make
Northern Bay 36 - Modified
Not sure, but here is what I have on her

Vessel Name: GUSTAVIA USCG Doc. No.: 558884 Vessel Service: RECREATIONAL IMO Number: * Trade Indicator: Recreational Call Sign: WYP4351 Hull Material: PLASTIC - MSIS LEGACY Hull Number: * Ship Builder: * Year Built: 1974

Length (ft.): 36 Hailing Port: NEW HARBOR ME Hull Depth (ft.): 3 Owner: SANDPIPER REALTY TRUST
PO BOX 481
NEW HARBOR, ME 04554 Hull Breadth (ft.): 11 Gross Tonnage: 7 Net Tonnage: 6 Documentation Issuance Date: October 24, 2012 Documentation Expiration Date: October 31, 2013 Previous Vessel Names: No Vessel Name Changes Previous Vessel Owners: SANDPIPER REALTY TRUST

Boat Make
Jarvis Newman 36
Thanks Travis

We saw your boat from shore and the Pemaquid races. That was the first race we had attended. We could not stay, but it was fun to watch every one come in and set up. I am not sure how the Pemaquid race compares with the other races but there seemed to be a lot of boats and folks having a great time. It looked like a fun event and the weather was great. We did get a ton of pictures. Unfortunately, we had to leave after the first race. Thanks for the info.

Boat Make
Jarvis Newman 36
Bill, I agree, that is the boat I was thinking about. Newman and Gray restore and maintain many Newman and Bunker and Ellis boats. Very nice folks and they do great work.

The info Travis supplied are Jarvis Newman 36 dimensions. I wonder if the hull identification numbers are Wilbur numbers as I believe Lee Wilbur finished many Newman hulls. He was the original finisher of our boat. Our hull has Jarvis Newman identification numbers. Our boat is documented and some of the dimension info is not accurate. The original info for these boats is 35-40 years old. No computers or internet.

The family on Belatrix looked like the were having a nice time. They had anchored in Pemaquid Harbor the night before.
Thanks

dazeydog

Ensign
Website
www.cironworks.com
Boat Make
32 mitchell cove
The family on the Bellatrix was having a good weekend. Cuz I am the ring leader of that traveling pack of gypsies. We dragged that old Mitchell cove to Montauk NY by way of Nantucket this summer. Two adults three kids and two yellow labs. Any questions why we are good at rigging a clothesline? "cruising on the poorside 101"

Newman were you the folks in the yak taking pictures and being more interested in the pretty wooden boat than most kayakers may have been?

Boat Make
Jarvis Newman 36
dazeydog

Yup, that was us. Nice to see a family out having a nice time. Nice for your family to cruise like that. Looked like you and the dogs were swimming. Some wild storms the night before. Our camp is just up the hill from Contented Sole the lightning and thunder was violent. I grew up in Cumberland and was intrigued by the Pownal port of call on your boat. Your boat is real nice. Maybe we will see you next summer. We will be moored at Handy's in Falmouth. We plan to be between Pemaquid and Handy's most weekends next summer.:cool: Hope to see you out there. Where do you moor or dock?

Ripcat

Commander
The family on the Bellatrix was having a good weekend. Cuz I am the ring leader of that traveling pack of gypsies. We dragged that old Mitchell cove to Montauk NY by way of Nantucket this summer. Two adults three kids and two yellow labs. Any questions why we are good at rigging a clothesline? "cruising on the poorside 101"

Newman were you the folks in the yak taking pictures and being more interested in the pretty wooden boat than most kayakers may have been?

Welcome to DEBF dazeydog!

Was wondering when you might join all of the fun here. Still hoping to either get my boat to you or you to my boat to check out fabricating that cleat type stanchion off of my pulpit.

dazeydog

Ensign
Website
www.cironworks.com
Boat Make
32 mitchell cove
Ha! Dave how was your stay on the Cheb? Well you can see on this post where we were that weekend.

Newman, the trix lives at Royal River Boat Yard in yarmouth. We can be found almost anywhere.

Where does your boat winter?

Boat Make
Jarvis Newman 36
Dazeydog. We are at Farrin's Boatshop in Walpole, Maine. Farrin's is doing a complete rehab and conversion for us. Our boat was the crew boat for Central Maine Power in Casco Bay. We plan to store there going forward. There is a thread on this site following our progress and transformation. Farrin's built the replacement for Hallelujah, a Wesmac 38 "High Voltage" Thanks hope to run into you next summer.

Ripcat

Commander
Ha! Dave how was your stay on the Cheb? Well you can see on this post where we were that weekend.

Newman, the trix lives at Royal River Boat Yard in yarmouth. We can be found almost anywhere.

Where does your boat winter?

"The Rock" was a great time as always...lots of relaxation and excess...just what a vacation should be! Spent some time checking out the boats at CIBY...some nice old DE's there. Also chatted with Justin a bunch about working on my cooling system...guess he knows our mechanic friend too.

Trix is looking good buddy!

Top Bottom