Lite User
First Name
Don
Boat Make
Ho Made
Last edited:

Snake8

Lieutenant Commander
Hung out with Joe last summer, heard a lot about you. Was pestering Dirk to have you take me on the delivery of your Wesmac down to LI. Sounds like an amazing boat.

As for work, everything from washing dishes to making wine to software, construction, marine construction, captain of small tugs and research vessels, commercial fishing, fisheries advocacy (worst job I ever had) probably a bunch more I am forgetting, currently lobstering.

Old Mud

Admiral
Lite User
First Name
Don
Boat Make
Ho Made

Wesmac42b80

Commander
Hung out with Joe last summer, heard a lot about you. Was pestering Dirk to have you take me on the delivery of your Wesmac down to LI. Sounds like an amazing boat.

As for work, everything from washing dishes to making wine to software, construction, marine construction, captain of small tugs and research vessels, commercial fishing, fisheries advocacy (worst job I ever had) probably a bunch more I am forgetting, currently lobstering.
Nice! Where are you lobstering? -Mike

Jamato14

Lieutenant
First Name
Jim
Boat Make
23’ Palmetto Custom CC
New(ish) member here so thought this was a good way for introduction. Been following the forum in and off for years but just getting back on it while I search and hopefully find the right down east boat for me.

I’m a corporate accountant, currently a lead accountant working in commercial reinsurance for a large insurance company. My teams out of Boston and I’m located on the sea coast in NH. Lived in the Boston area for 5 years after school, live changed and moved back home to NH and was lucky enough to stumble onto this role with a team who was fine with remote workers.

Looking to get into light commercial fishing on the side (small part time lobster etc.) hence the move from a CC to DE, spend so much tome on the computer and dealing with numbers my free time I spend on the water but always need to be doing something so if I can work on the water even if it’s just a couple hours here and there it’s even better.
Jim

JSP

Lieutenant Commander
Lite User
Boat Make
AJ-28

TomT

Ensign
First Name
Thomas
I work at the university, where I am a professor of religious studies.
I also work for an NGO that deals with the deradicalization of prisoners.
Unfortunately, for some time now I've had more to do with it than I'd like.

CEShawn

Vice Admiral
Boat Make
Downeastless
I wonder if Bill is trying to keep this thread alive, as I have enjoyed reading it.

Chief Engineer still, can't believe almost ten years now, almost 20 years sailing.

Need to figure out what I want to do next after this, what I want to do when I grow up.

I used to make fun of my chiefs who were 60, I'm 42 now, they said they dont know what they want to do when they grow up, maybe its true.

First time I havent had a downeast since 2002, but shit, I also have money in the back now, almost related lol.

WoundUpMarine

Admiral
Lite User
First Name
John
Boat Make
26' Duffy, 23' Seaway, 14' Holland

Bill

Founder
Boat Make
27 Terry Jason
I wonder if Bill is trying to keep this thread alive, as I have enjoyed reading it.

Chief Engineer still, can't believe almost ten years now, almost 20 years sailing.

Need to figure out what I want to do next after this, what I want to do when I grow up.

I used to make fun of my chiefs who were 60, I'm 42 now, they said they dont know what they want to do when they grow up, maybe its true.

First time I havent had a downeast since 2002, but shit, I also have money in the back now, almost related lol.
Yes I am. I think it’s pretty interesting myself. Don’t worry Shawn you will get itchy soon and buy one

Top Bottom