Boat Make
Ho Made

Captlvb

Lieutenant Commander
Website
www.missbarnegatlight.com
Boat Make
235 Kencraft
High school teacher for 21 years, 9 to go here in NJ. Taught biology, marine bio, AP environmental science, forensics, and a few other classes along the way. Every summer and fall since 1991 I have worked deck, and since 2004 the wheelhouse on the party fishing boat the Miss Barnegat Light. Lots of fun, memories and lessons learned in both careers. Never gets old as the people each day and each year are different. The interactions with the people on the boat and in the classrooms make all the difference.

No downeast boat yet. Always looking and planning. Got to fill up all the free time in retirement one day.

Hooper

Captain
"I don’t know what I’ll do next as I honestly have no useful life skills whatsoever."

Holy crap, that has to be the most untrue statement here !!. No Skills ?? It takes way more skills, fortitude and patience than i could ever muster. Or would want to. I have a couple of friends who are officers and I always said that would be the last job i would ever want. "No Skills my ass" I think working in bilges,grinding fiberglass sucks but still better than your job. I am one thankful guy that there are folks like you who no only do that job but actually like what you do !!. "No Skills" yeah right !!. Thank You. :)

Thank you Mud, I appreciate that. And by contrast, I look at what guys like you and others here on this site can build or fix or create or rehab and I’m simply amazed.

I’m the guy who goes to the dealer for an oil change because I figure I may F it up and it’ll cost me more in the long run, lol. A guy has to know his limits

Diesel Jerry

Admiral
Lite User

Old Mud

Admiral
Lite User
First Name
Don
Boat Make
Ho Made

goin4broke

Rear Admiral
Boat Make
35 Foot Terry Jason (Currently undergoing finishing touches)
I was wondering what happened to this thread.

Hooper, thank you for your service to our country and the community you serve. Have always respected the first responders. God bless you and your family, please stay safe.

Old Mud

Admiral
Lite User
First Name
Don
Boat Make
Ho Made

southshore30

Captain
Lite User
Boat Make
36 Northern Bay

Diesel Jerry

Admiral
Lite User

southshore30

Captain
Lite User
Boat Make
36 Northern Bay

Hooper

Captain
I guess the part I left out was that she saved the guy. Imagine waking up from dying of drowning on a beach in the VI with a topless woman kneeling over you. Even better, it was the guys birthday. For years she got cards from him in his birthday thanking her for saving his life and giving him a new one on his birthday. And to see if she wanted to leave me and come live with him too maybe lol. He had to be picked up by Virgin Islands search and rescue boat and transported to Tortola where they had a big hospital and he spent a whole month there recovering before being able to fly home to the states.
Ty, all kidding aside, that is an amazing story. That guy is only here because she knew exactly what needed to be done! And to get the gift of life once again on his birthday? Talk about meant to be. Stay safe out there buddy!

Top Bottom