Boat Make
36 Northern Bay

dasabalon

Lieutenant Commander
First Name
Don
Boat Make
38 Wesmac under construction
Retired FDNY. I feel very blessed to have been able to get that job and even more blessed for an Uncle who filled out the application paperwork for me, when I told him I didn’t want to be a fireman I was going to be a teacher....He said you never know what your gonna be until you are doing it!!! what a stupid kid I was.... lol. Just sorry he never got to see me become a fireman

Sonoma

Lieutenant
I started working on a party boat fishing long island sound, worked my way up there to pay my way through pharmacy school. Got my 100 ton along the way and still work for the same guys running trips when they need / want time off during the summers. They run two boats, 20+ trips a week during peak season. Now my main gig is working as a pharmacist at an 800 bed hospital, and lately its been a ton of covid vaccine stuff doing thousands of doses a day in addition to the regular work.

ozodrac

Lieutenant Commander
Boat Make
2006 Seaway 18 Sportsman
I work as a Diesel Fitter in a lady's dress shop.
When the lady comes out of the fitting room after trying on a new dress, I simply look at her and say...
"Diesel Fitter"

aweigh again

Commander
Boat Make
22 foot 1983 bass boat
I am semi retired electrician, worked as district electrician for Wallingford CT. board of Ed, was responsible for electrical and fire alarms for their 12 schools for the last 23 years.

Kailua Kid

Commander
Website
www.gibbonslawgroup.com
Boat Make
General Marine 26; Klamath 19; Sparkman & Stephens Yankee 38 sloop
What does everyone do for work or if retired what did you do? I know we have welders , electricians , Auto body guys, plasterers .. be great if we can use each others services a little and network . But also interested to see what everyone does on here . Feel free to post your service ..location , website , pics, phone number etc. Also post if you are looking for help or looking for work
Maritime lawyer. Still at it after 36 years. Eventually hope to get it right. Former commercial fisher; framer; cement finisher; etc.

CEShawn

Vice Admiral
Boat Make
Downeastless
So I have a grand new job as well and so excited about it. I mean, what can be better than shipping out around the world, seeing different ports, etc. It doesnt get any better... Oh wait...COVID screwed that up, so the new job? Well due to Covid, country regulations I have to spent 14 days before joining the ship in a hotel, no outside access, no outside food. Last time it was great 14 days at a Hyatt, now I am under Korean Gov't control for 14 days, check this out! Sadly, I shouldnt complain I have a job and getting paid to sit in a hotel, but come on, what a way to waste a month this year. I can only watch so much freaking TV.

Maybe I am just keeping this thread alive!

IMG_7093.jpg

IMG_7102.jpg

WoundUpMarine

Admiral
Lite User
First Name
John
Boat Make
26' Duffy, 23' Seaway, 14' Holland

Old Mud

Admiral
Lite User
First Name
Don
Boat Make
Ho Made

CEShawn

Vice Admiral
Boat Make
Downeastless
Not without the Kikoman !!!!!
I failed to bring soy sauce with me. It sucks living on white rice and some ramen noodles I brought... Got western meals from hotel, which aren't anything but that. Today I got these guys, I dont know wth they are, sea urchins lol, a fruit? I honestly can't believe the shit we put up with and can't complain to anyone.

IMG_7159.jpg

Diesel Jerry

Admiral
Lite User
Top Bottom