What do you think ?

cb34

Admiral
Equipment only necessary if you catch and sell a fish. If you are boarded while fishing not necessary as reads.......?

IMG_2644.JPG

Underdog11

1st Mate
Lite User
Boat Make
32 Holland,

JasonD

1st Mate
Equipment only necessary if you catch and sell a fish. If you are boarded while fishing not necessary as reads.......?

View attachment 137366
Super convoluted as written- so if youre boarded while haddock fishing and you have a 130 in the wheel house without the safety gear, are you getting a ticket, is the question your asking?

Underdog11

1st Mate
Lite User
Boat Make
32 Holland,

cb34

Admiral
NEWS FLASH & Reality Check for Tuna Boats:
For a number of reasons the USCG is not going to save or for that matter physically respond to your sinking or severely distressed 21’-43’ tuna boat in a timely manner. For one thing they simply are no longer in that business. Sure they’ll talk on 16 for 30 minutes while you capsize or burn to the water line and maybe launch a chopper if a desk officer somewhere approves it but that takes hours. They rarely find a live human. If they do, its because another fisherman was on seen & saved them.
By far, your best bet is a local vessel and you need to stay alive long enough for them to get you.
Raft, flare, survival suits & hand held VHF are your best friends and why the USCG mandates them. Bite the bullet, buy used gear if you have to or simply don’t fish.
Not the point, I have the gear. But I am always missing some bs paper work. Last time it was a written explanation of how to dock the boat if captain not able. Point is while fishing, according to what is written all said equipment is not necessary. Only is when you are in the act of selling a fish. This should make future boardings easier.

Genius

Admiral
First Name
David
Boat Make
32 Morse Cove
Not the point, I have the gear. But I am always missing some bs paper work. Last time it was a written explanation of how to dock the boat if captain not able. Point is while fishing, according to what is written all said equipment is not necessary. Only is when you are in the act of selling a fish. This should make future boardings easier.
Not really. It reads that the gear must be onboard for any trip that results in a sale of fish. So, not being able to see into the future...it has to be onboard while engaged in fishing for HMS. Semantics really.

Underdog11

1st Mate
Lite User
Boat Make
32 Holland,

cb34

Admiral
Not really. It reads that the gear must be onboard for any trip that results in a sale of fish. So, not being able to see into the future...it has to be onboard while engaged in fishing for HMS. Semantics really.
So if you don't catch ?

BillD

Admiral
Portsmouth NH.. Piscataqua and Merrimack Rivers
Boat Make
27 H&H with Cummins QSB 5.9 480 power
I'd pay some money to watch a rookie read your docking procedure manual and attempt to get your 32 Mitch back on the dock with the tide ripping on the Merrimack :cool:

Reactions: dmk

Genius

Admiral
First Name
David
Boat Make
32 Morse Cove
I'd pay some money to watch a rookie read your docking procedure manual and attempt to get your 32 Mitch back on the dock with the tide ripping on the Merrimack :cool:
Instructions on how to dock the boat? I’ve never heard of that craziness. These inspectors are so f’n full of themselves sometimes

Old Mud

Admiral
Lite User
First Name
Don
Boat Make
Ho Made

Bob l.

Deckhand
I must be getting old I still remember when draggers had and old wooden dory on top of the wheelhouse with dried up seams you could see through and maybe a jug of water in it. Painted orange of course for safety

Tuna Hotline

Admiral
I use this
c04b2d2f-2d7e-4e0d-95b0-887870bc1001_1.72a1d5257e905ba094e64b5edfbf4c86.jpeg

Top Bottom