What % does a capt. get on a GBFT boat?

tunaorlater

Admiral
Boat Make
40' Northern bay
I know there alot of boats being run not by there owners for GBFT. I am curious (just curious, not getting in the game) what on average goes to the crew and what goes to the owner? Also who picks up the tab on a season that doesn't come out on top?

As I said before I just wonder how it works, I fish (for fun) on a friends 38 NB in Georges a few times a year and always wonder how these guys do.

WickedGoodOutdoors

Lieutenant
Website
WickedGoodOutdoors.com
Years ago I had an offer from an Famous Car Dealer in Mass that had a Pet Ass; I mean Donkey.

He offered me 10% of the catch on his little 30 ft Stick boat and only wanted me to run it 7 days a week for half the yearf!

Suckha a Deal.? C'mon Down!

if you want to fish Tuna with me here is the deal.

You front $1,000 per day and fish with me.
If we catch a fish you get 1/3rd of the fish pretax.

If we cant nothing you still get to help clean the boat.

[email protected]

( This is almost like a Charter trip except for the $1,000 the customers dont get to clean the boat nor do they get a 1/3 of the fish.?

823_stream.jpg

Blacktide

Commander
Boat Make
Northern Bay 36
I know there alot of boats being run not by there owners for GBFT. I am curious (just curious, not getting in the game) what on average goes to the crew and what goes to the owner? Also who picks up the tab on a season that doesn't come out on top?

As I said before I just wonder how it works, I fish (for fun) on a friends 38 NB in Georges a few times a year and always wonder how these guys do.

I think crew get 1/3 after expenses. Tell the cap' up the canal from me to give you a better bunk or you will abandon ship ! LOL;);)

On my boat I get ALL the money and everyone works for free!:eek: Yeah right;)

tomy

Commander
Boat Make
36 Wayne Beal
hey wicked! who did the nice "mount" on the tuna?

ha ha.. after expenses? how much fuel did we burn on all those day we go "o-fer"?

:eek:

Latest Posts

Top Bottom