What downeast hull under 25' has the widest beam?

Capt Jack

Ensign
Generally speaking.... boats around 25' and under are typically made as trailerable. So that means to be street legal, it needs to be no more than 8' 6". I think you'll find most at around 8'. All of Eastern's new 24's are at 8' 6".

MAArcher

Commander
Generally speaking.... boats around 25' and under are typically made as trailerable. So that means to be street legal, it needs to be no more than 8' 6". I think you'll find most at around 8'.
Thats what I'm finding but I'm looking for the exceptions.

south shore

Captain
Boat Make
25 Northern Bay
25 Northern Bay is 9'4" at mid ship
24 Nauset ?
The old 25 Orleans also laid up a Fib Fab and by Steve Law from Seaworthy as the 25 Outlaw hull where like 9'6" All of them are a little more of a hard chine hull but still nice
dont look past some of the older steiger crafts 14 degree aft come in at 9'6" just check the floors and stringers on the older ones.

Henry

Commander
Boat Make
Duffy 31
The r Rosborough 246 is 9’6” and is a built down hull. I trailered mine all over theEast Coast and Canada without a problem.

BillD

Admiral
Portsmouth NH, boating out of the mighty Merrimack
Boat Make
25 Terry Jason with Cummins 370 power
My 25 T Jason is close to 10 ft wide.

I like to measure the "width" at the stern. Measuring width up top you have added length of rub rails etc. and difficult to measure exact.

If you take a tape measure and measure the "outside" width of the stern, half way up from waterline.
On the 25 T Jason the outside width of stern is exactly 9 ft.
The width I measured on both boats is halfway between waterline and to the underside of rub rail.
Same measurement on the 27 H&H is 9'4"

IMG_2280.jpeg

Last edited:
Top Bottom