What ever happened to detroits in work boats?

badabing

Banned
Boat Make
novi
i have put over 20000 hours on a 6-71 in a novi boat in the last 12 years and know them better than this guy that just got one and thinks its the best thing in the world......you guys all are on me but know one has seen all i was doing was calling out BS that you all believe because you think he is a "fisherman" and take his word because he caught a tuna ,which he towed to woods hole from the channel:mrgreen: and totally ruined. he was the laughing stock of the whole fleet whenever he was out there and when he comes here and lies i call BS
still didnt find out how he did a week on 225 gallons or how a detroit runs with a rod sticking out of the block
im out deleting account
sorry i offended you
oh now you all chime in "dont let the door hit me in the ass" and so on
HAPPY NEW YEAR

Helen L

Commander
Ouch. Well we all get our start at some point. What were you doing at 26? I bought this boat at age 24. First real, big boat yes. Spent my life on boats and around a little commercial dock. Tuna fishing for ever, working on this boat and that boat, always wanted my own. Finally saved enough up to do it. First trip east with the boat brought in 1100lber. Wasn't exactly ready for something that big. Boat wasn't finished yet to bring in something like that. Block and tackle off the tower wouldnt cut it and resorted to towing it in. So what? You and the "fleet" can laugh all you want. I dont claim to be an expert on anything. I have a passion for it all, and not letting you or your "fleet" bring me down or get in my way. I hope theres more guys like me to carry on the industry, and I hope there's less assholes like you just being a little gossiping school girl. Wiseman told me I would make enemies just doing this endeavor minding my own business. Didn't listen but should have.

MouseTrap

Rear Admiral
Boat Make
Rosborough
Ouch. Well we all get our start at some point. What were you doing at 26?

28-and-not-living-in-my-parents-basement-yes.jpg

samhop

Lieutenant Commander
think about it capt.

7X24=168hr 225gal/168hr=1.33g/hr

that's 1.3Gallons an hour

jest saying, that is a rather low fuel consumption rate.

Last edited:

Helen L

Commander
1000 rpms is about that burn rate. Fishing the canyons trolling at day, idle at night. Unless one fuel tank is larger than advertised, thats what I burned. Theres no guessing when you top all the tanks off after the trip

Montauk Rocket

Commander
Ouch. Well we all get our start at some point. What were you doing at 26? I bought this boat at age 24. First real, big boat yes. Spent my life on boats and around a little commercial dock. Tuna fishing for ever, working on this boat and that boat, always wanted my own. Finally saved enough up to do it. First trip east with the boat brought in 1100lber. Wasn't exactly ready for something that big. Boat wasn't finished yet to bring in something like that. Block and tackle off the tower wouldnt cut it and resorted to towing it in. So what? You and the "fleet" can laugh all you want. I dont claim to be an expert on anything. I have a passion for it all, and not letting you or your "fleet" bring me down or get in my way. I hope theres more guys like me to carry on the industry, and I hope there's less assholes like you just being a little gossiping school girl. Wiseman told me I would make enemies just doing this endeavor minding my own business. Didn't listen but should have.

Late seeing the nonsense that guy posted, but glad you responded the way you did. Good for you. Can't believe the attitude he had. Shameful. No shortage on naysayers and catty assholes in the world, or around the dock.

Man that pisses me off!

Last edited:

Fish220sr

Captain
Lite User
Boat Make
29' Webbers Cove
Top Bottom