Ho Made

the_Bartender

Commander
First Name
Bill
Boat Make
35 Bruno
The_Bartender

This is the name given to me when I would show up at a friends commercial fishing boat several times a week. I had a job as Captain/engineer of a 70 ft Hatteras Motor Yacht and would ride with my friend after my work for his second haul back of the day. As was normal, I would show up to catch a ride for the afternoon and I would always bring a twelve pack of beer. This one day a fellow fisherman was shooting the breeze with the captain of the boat I was going out on. As I approached the boat the owner told the other fisherman we were getting ready to let go lines and go pull some nets. The other fisherman said, " oh yeah, I can see you're ready now, you've got your Bartender!". The name stuck like glue and that's how I got the name. It has stuck with me for over 20 years!

lake erie traveler

Lieutenant
I lived out in Tahoe for years. I've heard some crazy crazy glider stories of LA to Reno amazing with the thermals in the sierras. Once had one pass me 100' above a rig line summit while I was on a snow machine. quiet as the night is long.
M

lake erie traveler

Lieutenant
I was born in Richmond, VA. Family lore has it that we are shirttail relatives of Robt. E. Lee, My Dad moved us to Cleveland in the 50s for a job. He always had boats named “Traveler” after Lee’s horse. Just followed suit. Currently enjoying the 7th boat In our family to be named “Traveler” since 1957. I am not sure it is PC these days to honor Lee...I grew up at a different time..

Old Mud

Admiral
Lite User
First Name
Don
Boat Make
Ho Made
Last edited:

BOSBoatMan

Vice Admiral
Boat Make
36 Hatteras/13 Whaler/24 Sailfish
I grew up in Dorchester and always hung down the neponset river trying to find some adventure. The local clubs used to call us wharf rats because we were always trying to sneak into the marina's and yacht clubs to fish off their piers and cause all sorts of trouble, fireworks, drinking etc.. I figured DOTRAT would encompass it all. Dirty DOT for life!

Oh one of those? I bet you can find your way out Ventura Park blindfolded

malarkey

Ensign
First Name
Dain
My Dad always said I was full of malarkey. Seems to be a fitting username for boat forums.

Jamato14

Lieutenant Commander
First Name
Jim
Boat Make
23’ Palmetto Custom CC
Lack of creativity on mine...first initial, last name, 14 is hs/juniors hockey number. Same name for the only 3 online sights I’m on (DEBF, THT, Instagram). Can’t expect much creativity from a corporate accountant

tailhook

Rear Admiral
Boat Make
31 JC
Hooper was the name of my first dog, a yellow lab. I named him after Matt Hooper from Jaws. Poor dog just collapsed and died one night, no warning, nothing. Dead. Only 9 years old. I still miss him, he was a very special animal. View attachment 89997 View attachment 89998
Sad to say the the least, I feel for you.. I lost a little chihuahua at 8 years old, That dog spent more time on the boat than anyone, Her and big chihuahua and a pomeranion spent countless hours on my boat at the vineyard, cuttyhunk and bassets, Yes I had big dogs and hunting dogs in my day also!

Top Bottom