What is the ultimate hull 24' or under? Not finished boat, just the hull.

clearcan

Lieutenant Commander
First Name
Rob
Boat Make
Starwind 19
I would think what you’re planning to do on top may influence the hull design etc. Something that’s going to carry more weight up top may have a different layout and structural components that may alter the other metrics that you’re looking at.

Keelboater

Admiral
Boat Make
35' Bruno & Stillman
Having owned a 24 Coastal/Nauset/Tripp inboard and a 22 Webbers Cove outboard with a bracket (not converted) I can only say that they are both excellent hull designs. The 24 Coastal was the most stable hull I have ever owned. It is the poster child for any serious drift fishing junkie. The Webbers Cove has it all going on, just not as stable as the Coastal. Great ride and plenty of speed. I liked it so much I had to really struggle with letting it go today. I would seriously consider the new 25' if I was in the market. If they come out with the 24 Coastal as an outboard I would be sure to look real hard at that as well.

Spence

Commander
Really happy with the Seaway 24 (HT Sport in my case). Hard chine and shallow draft fit my needs well. Simply a question of which trade offs fit you

Old Mud

Admiral
Lite User
First Name
Don
Boat Make
Ho Made
Last edited:

MAArcher

Rear Admiral
I would think what you’re planning to do on top may influence the hull design etc. Something that’s going to carry more weight up top may have a different layout and structural components that may alter the other metrics that you’re looking at.
This is pretty close to my idea of the perfect layout:
1627222882326.png

I would add a sidewinder pot hauler under the starboard gunnel and have a quick detach/removable davit. I'd also think about switching out the rear door for a portside door. And a full width swim platform.

Jason S

Lieutenant Commander
Lite User
First Name
Jason

Diesel Jerry

Admiral
Lite User
Top Bottom