What is the ultimate hull 24' or under? Not finished boat, just the hull.

Codcruncher

Captain
was in the shop
did not tell me it was secret
apologies to Stacy if I erred
Lol...he probably isn't too concerned...from what he told me it's going to be an incredible build...like everything he does...and it's with Colin as well...and like Jerry said...he is incredibly talented...clocking every screw on Sea Karma...that's over the top on detail

Parry Marine

Lieutenant
I'll throw a 23' Seacraft into the mix, preferably the straight inboard models. Road like a much larger boat and incredibly seaworthy.

Jason S

Lieutenant Commander
Lite User
First Name
Jason

aweigh again

Commander
Boat Make
22 foot 1983 bass boat
22' Sisu. Hands down. Hard chined hull.
There is always going to better ,that just comes from improving on what's been done before, but if you are voting on all time best of a category of that size boat, the Sisu 22 is a classic that deserves to be in the conversation.

SeaKarma

Commander
Lol...he probably isn't too concerned...from what he told me it's going to be an incredible build...like everything he does...and it's with Colin as well...and like Jerry said...he is incredibly talented...clocking every screw on Sea Karma...that's over the top on detail

Geez, flattered guys.. Thanks for the kind words :D.

I'm pretty worked up about this one, Stacey is as well. Personally, things have come a long way since the my first one so I think we're both looking forward to / enjoying applying everything that has evolved since.

SK#1 was designed with a pretty basic sketch on a piece of computer paper and the molds were mostly built with handmade router templates and eyesight. There was nothing wrong with that, but since then I've learned to create rendered 3D models in CAD of every part and assembly on the boat, which has helped design iteration quite a bit.

That led me to recently have a lapse of sanity and I decided to design and build a 5'x10' CNC machine. It's operational now and I have it dialed in pretty well. This will really streamline the process and allow me to ramp up the design details.

At some point I'm sure I'll start a thread on it..

Last edited:

D-EastNJ

Ensign
First Name
PK
I didn't know Cabot has these molds. I know he bought all the legacy seaway molds (soft chine). Did he say when we would start cleaning/laying them up?
Spoke w Cabot at the Maine Home & Boat Show this past weekend and the issue is supply. Like many things fiberglass is in short supply and they’re focused on other areas till things open up. what’s ur opinion of him & his boats? Seemed like a good guy and discussed a possible custom build off one of those molds. Any insights would be appreciated

D-EastNJ

Ensign
First Name
PK
I didn't know Cabot has these molds. I know he bought all the legacy seaway molds (soft chine). Did he say when we would start cleaning/laying them up?
Spoke w/ Cabot at the Maine Boat & Home show past weekend and it looks like there is a supply issue. Fiberglass is in short demand and until he secures a supply he’s holding off on laying.
Was talking to him about a possible custom job on a 23 and any insights, etc would be appreciated. Seemed like a great guy with solid boats by any first hand info is always great. Thanks in advance!

Top Bottom