what would you do for seacocks under these circumstances?

DBM

Commander
Lite User

Brooksie

Rear Admiral
Boat Make
Bruno-Stillman 35
Did you mention how many, what for, how far from the cleanout? Maybe running all that hose exposes you to more problems than it solves. Except for the aforementioned defective seacocks, they are really nothing to worry about. Nor are they hard to install or move if you should have to.

leaky

Vice Admiral
Why so many through holes? why don't you do a single larger through hull with a manifold? I like solid through hulls as few as possible and easy to reach as possible.

Basically I don't know how to answer the (hydrodynamics?) question as far as at what point do you start drawing air. How do you size it - 1.5 inch? 2 inch?

Have had that sort of system before where it worked OK but occasionally would note a pump pulling air down into the line through the other pumps. When you turn a pump on in this sort of system the waterline in the plumbing drops some - how much does it drop with 1 pump, 2 pumps, all pumps? Underway what is the impact?

Then most of the pumps don't need a scoop - generator actually specifies no scoop since you don't want any pressure on it if it's not running and you are underway, while the AC pump requires a scoop since its a high flow low pressure. Only want scoops where they are needed. Most of the pumps self prime so only need a round strainer if anything. Then I am trying to put the plumbing on the side of the boat closest to the actual pumps.

These are easy to reach, about as easy as any boat I have ever seen. Two areas, 16 inches or so under a hatch its all there. But I don't plan to turn them off normally because they can't sink the boat.

This is what a manifold looks like basically - you can see how vacuum drawn can pull air down from above.

20210410_130355.jpg

leaky

Vice Admiral
Did you mention how many, what for, how far from the cleanout? Maybe running all that hose exposes you to more problems than it solves. Except for the aforementioned defective seacocks, they are really nothing to worry about. Nor are they hard to install or move if you should have to.

Two livewell pumps, self priming flexible impeller pumps, a livewell on port & starboard (small livewells, 20 gallons or so).

Washdown, shitter inlet, ballast tank (which is in the tip of the bow) - all self priming and since the ballast tank is experimental it will share a fitting, possibly these 3 share all being intermittent use and non critical similar pumps. Shitter and ballast tank are a straighter routing from port.

Generator pickup, basically a small self priming volume, this one specifically can't have a scoop - round strainer only. Straighter routing on port.

AC pump - high flow low pressure, must have a scoop. Should be on port side close to unit and the pump is mounted on the actual fitting.

3 transducers in these areas too - based on spreading stuff out sounds like 2 on starboard, one on port.

Top Bottom