Whats my boat worth ??

steveinak

Admiral
Boat Make
31 BHM
Ok so looking at brokers sites and craigslist etc i don't see many newer boats like my H&H for sale, those that i do see seem to have lots of hours on them and have been fished hard. So what do you guys think my rig would be worth back there ?? Is there a demand for boats like mine with the power that is in it. Just curious ???
2006 29' H&H w/a John Deere 6068 300hp aprox 900 hours on meter. I've posted enough pictures of it on here so most of you have a idea what shape the boat is in. Also have a trailer for it.
20130625_150415[1].jpg

20130625_150415[1].jpg

lobstercatcher

Rear Admiral
I didn't read any of your split wheelhouse construction thread. What made you build the divider with the door behind your work area opposed to adjacent to your work area, If you have to jump out of the way at your work/haul station... where do you jump to be safe?

steveinak

Admiral
Boat Make
31 BHM
I didn't read any of your split wheelhouse construction thread. What made you build the divider with the door behind your work area opposed to adjacent to your work area, If you have to jump out of the way at your work/haul station... where do you jump to be safe?

there's a small engine box in the way of a full length door. Guess i'll jump back, never even thought about something like that.

JoFishes

Lieutenant Commander
Boat Make
Seaway, Kinnamon, Carolina
Boats,"Dime a dozen" someone recently told me. Capts./fishermen who can afford a nice ride like this even fewer.
Find a guy with deep pockets and make a deal w?............SportyBob!
Wish I could afford a ride like that...............GLWS;)Jo

steveinak

Admiral
Boat Make
31 BHM
Boats,"Dime a dozen" someone recently told me. Capts./fishermen who can afford a nice ride like this even fewer.
Find a guy with deep pockets and make a deal w?............SportyBob!
Wish I could afford a ride like that...............GLWS;)Jo

Sounds like i would have to pay someone to come and get it :lol: My thinking was with all the Sandy insurance money around prices for good used boats might be up a bit ??? lots of guys wanting to get into DE's instead of the center consoles they lost in the storm.

Last edited:

steveinak

Admiral
Boat Make
31 BHM
Steve, I agree with your thinking, But consider the demographic where the Sandy boats were lost. Most in the area have to pay to store trailers so many don't own or want them. I'm sure your not throwing the trailer in for naught. Now consider how many would trailer a boat that size? while it may not be an issue for you or I, were talking NY & NJ , I don't want to elaborate on that further as someone is bound to take offense. Lastly there is the Schlep of bringing it back east.

Lots of folks trailer boats back there(though not this big) and of course the trailer ain't gonna be free but if i was to sell my boat i would sell it without the trailer if the buyer didn't want it. After Sandy a lot of marina's still aren't up and running so dockage is at a premium(according to some of my friends back there) so the trailer might help and some guys like to take their rigs home after the season is over and have the room/shops to store boats. It was fairly easy getting the boat here so getting it back would be not that big a deal even if i barged it to Seattle and then had to go down there and haul it across myself.

BillD

Admiral
Portsmouth NH, boating out of the mighty Merrimack
Boat Make
25 Terry Jason with Cummins 370 power
Lots of folks trailer boats back there(though not this big) and of course the trailer ain't gonna be free but if i was to sell my boat i would sell it without the trailer if the buyer didn't want it. After Sandy a lot of marina's still aren't up and running so dockage is at a premium(according to some of my friends back there) so the trailer might help and some guys like to take their rigs home after the season is over and have the room/shops to store boats. It was fairly easy getting the boat here so getting it back would be not that big a deal even if i barged it to Seattle and then had to go down there and haul it across myself.

Steve,

If you sell the boat figure the "masses" (buyers) are back here on the east coast.

Take what you paid for the boat -minus- the amount to get her back here and you have your selling price.

How is the market up your way ?????

And if you sell...."you movin up""" ?? or "movin out" ???

Seriously,

what ya got in mind for another boat ????

steveinak

Admiral
Boat Make
31 BHM
Don't know what i want to do ?? Really just curious to what the boat might be worth. Wife retires from work next year so things are going to change around here, i was thinking of maybe shipping the boat back to NJ and fishing there for a few months in the fall /early winter just so we can get out of alaska for a time and figured fishing could cover some of the expenses of living back there. I have a good network of friends back there so finding a slip and a place to store the boat when i'm gone won't be a problem. I don't have any idea what the boat market around here is for a boat like mine, none really around, customer of mine is a broker so a call to him might help me decide or just might list it with a few of the seattle brokers and see what happens. A talk with my tax man might also help in any direction i might want to go ???
Like i said seems like the builders are somewhat backed up with new boats, a lot of the used boats seem to be beat/high hours and any boat that looks nice seems to have a really high price on it. Don't take me wrong i don't think i have something special but it is a fairly new boat with very low hours power, in great condition, the hull could good use a good buffing & wax but thats normal with a dark color hull they just fade.
Who knows i might do a 180 and buy another gillnet permit by next spring :rolleyes: Just trying to look at different options we may have.
You guys are in the thick of it and have a lot of knowledge about the boats that come up for sale, SOOOO somebody throw out a number !! If its a low one it won't offend me and if its a high one i won't believe it !!!:D It is the interwebs right !!

captjohn

Captain
Boat Make
Henriques
A lot of people lost boats they were trying to get rid of, but owed more than they were worth. So for a lot of people the storm was a blessing in disguise, those people aren't replacing those boats. The casual boater has dropped out, if that wasn't the case prices would be up on used boats and new boat sales brisk, neither of which is true. Boats like mine were going for $140,000 before the economy fell apart, now I get offers for $60,000, not happening, cheaper to keep her. Don't be surprised if your offers are a lot lower than you expect, unless you get lucky and someone that just falls in love with it.

WoundUpMarine

Admiral
Lite User
First Name
John
Boat Make
26' Duffy, 23' Seaway, 14' Holland

lobstercatcher

Rear Admiral
Last one I knew in good shape sold for about 40k. It was newer and had less hours. A guy named Charlie Anderson had it built. The boat was like brand new, almost no use at all.

Teaserhead

Lieutenant Commander
Boat Make
1990 Flye Pt. 32 BHM
Steve ,
Admit it.....you have seen Brian's haven't ya! I know when he took me for a burn in Bham bay, I was ready to put my boat up for sale as well. That Wesmac is the balls.

Top Bottom