First Name
Eric
Boat Make
Wasque 32, Shelter Island 38

MouseTrap

Rear Admiral
Boat Make
Rosborough
MouseTrap. My wife's nickname growing up was mouse. She grew up in Arizona and knew nothing about boating. I convinced (trapped) her to buy our little pilot house. So the size of the boat, combined the fact that she now loves boating as much as I do, made me think that MouseTrap was the perfect name.

ChipTam

Lieutenant
Boat Make
locally-made 22' wooden boat with inboard engine
"Miss Judy"..........my wife's name. Not very original, I agree, but the naming was actually a tongue in cheek sales ploy. The previous owner, knowing that my wife was less than enthusiastic about the purchase of any boat, made up several "Miss Judy" plaques which he attached to the boat as a joke when we first went to look at the boat. Anyway, the name stuck.
ChipTam

ChipTam

Lieutenant
Boat Make
locally-made 22' wooden boat with inboard engine
"Miss Judy"..........my wife's name. Not very original, I agree, but the naming was actually a tongue in cheek sales ploy. The previous owner, knowing that my wife was less than enthusiastic about the purchase of any boat, made up several "Miss Judy" plaques which he attached to the boat as a joke when we first went to look at the boat. Anyway, the name stuck.
ChipTam

steveinak

Admiral
Boat Make
31 BHM
The 35 Henriques was St Patrick i signed the build papers on St Patricks day
The 28 bowpicker was named Deception came from Deception Pass in Washington state by Whitby Island
H&H was named Snow Squall by the former owner because on one of the trips to the finishers he had to drive through snow squalls at least thats what i was told.

WoundUpMarine

Admiral
Lite User
First Name
John
Boat Make
26' Duffy, 23' Seaway, 14' Holland

VPC

Lieutenant Commander
boat name

KAREN ANN named all of my boats Karen Ann have a few now previous named that as will all others in the future. Their is only one karen and I lost her to cancer , nice to look at the boat every morning and think of her.

FlyingConnie

Lieutenant Commander
Website
WWW.FlyingConnie.com
Boat Make
28' Crowley Beal
"FlyingConnie"
when my grandfather brought home his first boat my grandmother "Connie" went "Flying" off the handle.

Now a second generation name and 7 boats have worn it.

It added insult, at first, she hated the name. Later it brought her notoriety, and she loved it. Today many people thinks my wife is Connie.

Last edited:

Bulman711

Lieutenant Commander
Boat Make
31 JC
31 JC "Ally Rose." Named after my Daughter.

16 Amesbury skiff "Land Tuna"... thought it would get a chuckle out of anyone who got it.

petrel

Rear Admiral
Boat Make
56' DMR, 31' BHM
56' DMR- "Stormy Petrel II"

"II" so no one confuses it w/ my first boat which was a POS

Storm Petrel is a type of seabird and we run a lot of pelagic bird watching trips

"Stormy Petrel" was also the name of a small boat Tommy Gifford once had, and Tommy Gifford was THE MAN in his day

"Stormy" also for my temper and the Hatteras weather and "petrel" also refers to several types of birds we see besides the little bitty ones

I've also got a 31' BHM "Skua", which is another seabird name (big bird- little boat, so opposite of the DMR) but haven't had much luck w/ that one so I might go have to paint her gray and go back to the original name- "Shadow"

tomy

Commander
Boat Make
36 Wayne Beal
At 1st glance. I thought that this thread belonged on one of those other "boat" sites, but after reading some of them, the stories seem cool.

Frigate= wish I could treat life like that! L.o.L.

Karen Ann= bringes a tear to your eye.

Flying Connie=brings a smile to your face.

gotta have a story.

Named boat "Bad Influence". every time my "friends" ask what's with the name? I tell them It's named after THEM! gets a laugh anyway.:rolleyes:

Last edited:

CMac

Ensign
Shadow Line

Put Maclean custom built the boat in the late 80s and chose this name for several reasons. It is a novel from the WWI era which I have included a link to wikipedia for at the bottom. quick summary, it is a dual narrative from a captain in the orient from that time.... where it is a conflict of thought and decisions between his young protagonist self, and the wisdom and experience whispering in his ear. I find this funny as the boat has evolved into me - with the fresh and unorthodox ideas, and dad as the old stubborn salt with all the knowledge....truly the nature of the novel. I am not sure if that was all planned, as the boat was commissioned to be built the year after i was born like he knew this was going to happen. But more likely he enjoyed the book, and thought the double meaning was cool because the shadow line is notoriously where fish like to sit in the dark and look into the light for food. tunas under a [big] boat...stripers under a dock....largemouth under a tree. snook mangrove whatever

The Shadow Line - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

sevenjohn

Lieutenant Commander
Boat Make
novi
A friend of mine truly enjoyed fishing... fished constantly....name of his boat....Miss Mynookie

jerseysportfisher

Rear Admiral
Boat Make
Bertram 33SF
Little Bips

My sons nickname + the Little cause shes only 33, when i move up to 40 ish, Big Bips

Old boat got named tide runner, because you couldn't launch the F'r at low tide

Boat i grew up on, the farmer, grandfathers boat, he was a farmer

Last edited:
Top Bottom