What's your current unit / Transducer? Need Suggestions

FormulaNOW

Ensign
Boat Make
Formula
I have a 23' boat and I am looking for new electronics. What an absolute rabbit hole...

I only need GPS & a Chirp capable unit for fishing with a 9" display preferably, might settle for 7" if it works out to be perfect otherwise. No radar capability requirements. Budget between 1k and no more than 1800 so I can sell the choice to the fiance....

What's your suggestion based on your experience with your setup?

I am currently leaning towards the Furuno GP-1971F, but have not found the proper Transducer pairing.

Appreciate your time, tight lines and (small) following seas.

jbg108

Lieutenant
First Name
Jay
Boat Make
Roughpoint
If you don't care about touch screen save a bunch of money and go with the Garmin Echomap Plus 94sv. It's an excellent transducer out beyond 500'. Amazing package for the money.

SUBH2OHNTR

Lieutenant
Simrad Go9 with the active imaging transducer would work, or the new Simrad NSX with the same transducer. Or if you want some buttons along with the touch screen you could look at the Lowrance elite 9FS. We just sold and installed one of the new NSX 7’s a few weeks ago. It was a really nice unit. Same footprint as go series but a much higher resolution screen. All the units I mentioned use the active imaging 3in1 transducer which gives you traditional sonar, chirp and sidescan

MAArcher

Rear Admiral
What depth do you usually fish at? I have a 7" garmin echomap I've had for a couple years I like but if I could do it over I'd go for this one on sale at Bass Pro, probably the one Raider's talking about:

I bought my 7" from GPS Store and have the 9" with GT54 and blue charts with free shipping for $20 less than Bass Pro:

Its at the low end of you budget too. The GT54 is maximized for shallow water side scan (30ft max depth) and ClearVu depth of 200ft. At that price you could add a second transducer like the GT50 optimized for up to 500ft if you think you'll fish much over 200.

Top Bottom