When do you think things will cave in?

Seaworthy

Lieutenant Commander
First Name
Frank
Boat Make
28 Seaworthy BHM
Unfortunately Dale Carnegie couldn’t foresee the last 30years of exporting American production along with its middle and working class jobs to China and other countries that are unregulated with near limitless supplies of cheap and in some cases slave labor along with the simultaneous importing of a virtually unlimited supply of unskilled black market labor into this Country. The production part of the triangle as it once existed in the USA is nearly extinct.

south shore

Captain
First Name
Nick
Boat Make
25 Northern Bay
If someone could just go ahead and tell me when to put my 401k into a bond, that'd be great. Besides that, just gonna keep living my life,
My broker has slowly been rebalancing my retirement account had a lot of growth the last year so we are pulling some profit from the the bigger stocks and moving quietly into some more attractive bonds, so if you had a 70stock/30bond portfolio after this past years growth it looks more like 85s/15b so time to rebalance. with the stimulus money flowing and most likely more to come the market will still react positive but at some point the people will realize they are going broke and the government is the one who emptied their wallets. If the interest rates climb back to the 5% threshold all hell will be breaking lose. but good if you have savings funds to put into it.
For me its more about protecting money and property from the reach of the politicians and their ideas of what they would like to do with it. So moving forward as of now cash is king again and to avoid some the over reach of big brother and sock some cash up if you can for the buying session that I believe will be on the horizon in the next 1.5 to 2 years.
And remember $10,000 in Ten Dollar Bills looks like twice as much as $10,000 in 20s. so when your buying make it look like twice as much.
Call me old school but it works for me, and that's my thoughts at 63 years young.

Last edited:

Stevepanther

Lieutenant
2023....I hope I'm wrong...I'm getting ready to build a new boat...it will splash in 2022...last time I built a new one...started it in 2006...splashed 2007...we all know what happened in 2008...had to sell it 2009.... really sucked
Someone else with my luck. Purchased my last boat 2008....just bought one in December we’re screwe

Fishnjess

Captain
Unfortunately Dale Carnegie couldn’t foresee the last 30years of exporting American production along with its middle and working class jobs to China and other countries that are unregulated with near limitless supplies of cheap and in some cases slave labor along with the simultaneous importing of a virtually unlimited supply of unskilled black market labor into this Country. The production part of the triangle as it once existed in the USA is nearly extinct.
That’s the part that became a big problem with NAFTA. It was originally conceived for the burgeoning industrialization of central and South America. But, China sorta seized the opportunity and took it over.
If this time period in our history, reinvest in our infrastructure, new ports and seaways, energy production in sources other than oil, production would have to be done in house sorta speak. Happened after WWII and rebuilt the nation.
But, to make it benefit the average citizen there would have to be a works program, that partners with business for 100% employment here. The conservative side in me truly believes that making someone earn a wage is far better than giving out a check.

Seaworthy

Lieutenant Commander
First Name
Frank
Boat Make
28 Seaworthy BHM
It all sounds good if you really believe any of what’s happened and is still happening to this Country and it’s citizens is by some accident or mis calculation. The completely out in the open now links between Corporations most of whom are deeply in bed with China and have no loyalty to this country or it’s citizens and our Ruling Class of Politicians who are owned by those same Corporations as they parrot each other’s talking points should tell you everything you need to know. Let’s see how it goes in benefiting American Citizens with all the unskilled cheap labor that’s continuing to flood this country to compete against those American Citizens for those supposed to be coming “shovel ready” jobs building infrastructure, ports, sea ways and sources of energy other than oil and what countries will be supplying the materials for these projects. It hasn’t worked out so well for American Citizens so far but I’m sure the Corporations and the Politicians they own will be just fine.

Fishnjess

Captain
That’s how it’s always been hasn’t it? Except for maybe the Indians! Corporations are just the new ruling class

Pete G

Lieutenant
First Name
Pete
Boat Make
2000 Brownell 27
Jamie Dimon’s annual letter is making the news lately. Here is a recap from Fortune Magazine.

Will the U.S. economy boom into 2023? Jamie Dimon thinks it could

Here’s the entire 66 page letter. It’s way more than a banking-specific analysis. He makes economic predictions and, relevant to this discussion, explains corporate’s role in America. Be sure to read Section VI for his views on public policy (COVID, China, immigration, wages/jobs, infrastructure, healthcare, etc.).

https://www.jpmorganchase.com/conte...documents/ceo-letter-to-shareholders-2020.pdf

sailor of fortune

Rear Admiral
First Name
Jack
Boat Make
2 Home made skiffs
Jamie Dimon’s annual letter is making the news lately. Here is a recap from Fortune Magazine.

Will the U.S. economy boom into 2023? Jamie Dimon thinks it could

Here’s the entire 66 page letter. It’s way more than a banking-specific analysis. He makes economic predictions and, relevant to this discussion, explains corporate’s role in America. Be sure to read Section VI for his views on public policy (COVID, China, immigration, wages/jobs, infrastructure, healthcare, etc.).

https://www.jpmorganchase.com/conte...documents/ceo-letter-to-shareholders-2020.pdf
Jamie Dimon was saying Bitcoin was a scam going to zero ...while buying bitcoin behind the scenes on the drop... about 10 months ago... Lost all respect for that snake

Boxerboy2

Lieutenant Commander
The economy will continue to be very robust as long as interest rates are where they are - effectively zero. When you see the bank rates start to rise the end will be near.....

Crusty Coastie

Lieutenant Commander
The economy will continue to be very robust as long as interest rates are where they are - effectively zero. When you see the bank rates start to rise the end will be near.....
The owner of the Washington Post-Largest retailer of Chinese goods will grease the right palm to keep that going..........

Tunacious

Lieutenant Commander
Boat Make
Blackman
Same here
Bought in 1990 12.5% interest rate But spent 1/4 current value.
I can top that. 1982 13 7/8% interest which was a builder buy down. A 1,000 ft condo cost $82k and PITI was $1,100 a month. The wife and I made $2,500 per month. The only benefit was a 10% down payment and PMI on loan.
In the long haul, it was a good investment because it allowed us to itemize on our 1040 and reduce federal and state tax. I sold 12 years later for a nice profit.

Tunacious

Lieutenant Commander
Boat Make
Blackman
If someone could just go ahead and tell me when to put my 401k into a bond, that'd be great. Besides that, just gonna keep living my life,
In my humble opinion, investing in a bond or annuity right now will not work very good. Bond rates are low, inflation is expected to come roaring back and the fixed interest rates in bonds will be less than inflation. looks like a sure loser in short or long term. Bonds had a 30 year run as interest rates declined from 18% in the 80's. The stock market is the only game in town to beat inflation, but volatility can be scary for some.

Quik Fix 16

Captain
Boat Make
Shamrock
Lets theorize that you just sold your boat. Not a poor boy like me but one of you well heeled Downeasters. You got surprised and the buyer handed you $80,000 in green. What would you do with the cash?

Codcruncher

Commander
Lets theorize that you just sold your boat. Not a poor boy like me but one of you well heeled Downeasters. You got surprised and the buyer handed you $80,000 in green. What would you do with the cash?
If it was today...I would buy 70k worth of high quality large cap stocks...the other 10k I'd spend on wild women...

Boxerboy2

Lieutenant Commander

I would buy Amazon, Alphabet, Microsoft, Apple, Netflix, and Tesla. I'm i only choose one its Amazon

Top Bottom