Where Are People From?

Ms.Aimee

Captain
Jerry, im constantly having to go to the interior designers shop next to yankee boat yard for work... What is the gorgeous grey hulled boat across the river with the tower? Looks like a peter kass no?

Diesel Jerry

Admiral
Lite User

Duke

Commander
Lite User
Boat Make
Dyer 29

SameDirection38

Lieutenant Commander
Boat Make
Youngbrothers, and Calvin Beal are the only way to go.
Boothbay Harbor, Maine. Had the opportunity to watch Diesel Jerry, his brother, and a few other guys grow up in this town. I went from wooden boats and traps, and fishing with a flasher to get my depths and bottom, to fiberglass boat wire traps and a "MFD" as it is called. The lobstering business is what changed these boats the most. Taking away the tumblehome to get more deck space. Boats have gotten wider, and bigger.

Now I head down to the dock in the morning, talk to Fred (Jerry's Dad), and a few other guys that still go lobstering. Crazy to think Jerry used to swear up and down he was going to be a lobsterman. He fish 100 traps out of a 12 foot skiff. Know he has two kids, and lives out of town.

Two things are for sure... I have had too much to drink... and completely forgot my point.

Old Mud

Admiral
Lite User
First Name
Don
Boat Make
Ho Made

andy65

Commander
First Name
Andy
Boat Make
Northern Bay 36
From Presque Isle, Maine. Living in Meriden, CT and wanting to move to the coast of Maine. Boating out out of Chester, CT

Update: 2020 Now living in Brunswick, Maine. By chance, theme music from The Great Escape movie played as I crosse the Connecticut border.

Last edited:

Diesel Jerry

Admiral
Lite User

Sailorgp

Commander
Boat Make
Sisu 26
I live in Grosse Pointe Michigan...boat
on Lake St Clair which is in between Lake Huron & Lake Erie...a total of 5 DE's 2 Duffy's, 1 Fortier, 1 Dyer 29, 1 Sisu 26, out of probably 10,000 Sea Rays, Bayliners, Boston Whalers, Makos, Bertrams, Chris Craft, etc.

Dr Dude

Captain
Lite User
Boat Make
Fortier 33 , McKeeCraft 28

Downrigga

Vice Admiral
Boat Make
36' NB
Groton MA during the off season. Harwichport MA during the summer/ fall. Although Ive been down here for 3 weeks trying to recover from the effects of covid. Not fun.

Tunatown

Captain
Boat Make
36 H&H CAT 3126B 420hp
Born and raised Plymouth MA now live in carver MA boats in Plymouth

leaky

Vice Admiral
Plaistow NH, more or less been in the area my whole life, Newton, Kingston, etc..

Canyondiver

Lieutenant Commander
First Name
John
Grew up on Nantucket, fishing summers, school and opening scallops in season, after homework.

Moved to New York, Long Island, worked out of Seaview, Fire Island for many years.

Running out of Moriches area these days.

Would move back north in a hot second.

Love the Maine Coast!

MacDuff

Lieutenant
First Name
Stu
Boat Make
Cape Dory 28 Trawler
Masshole by birth. Saugus River (MA) as a kid, Brewster (MA) as an adult, Nottingham (NH) as a semi-retired teacher.

Top Bottom