WHere is your A/C unit?

Toolate

Admiral
First Name
Ben
Boat Make
1998 36' Sabre Express CAT 3116TA's, 2015 ROS Scotia 16 Etec 50
I have one and wondering where I should install it based on height above the water line and the general noise and vibration it might emit.

Easiest spot would be below the seating onthe P side but that will be a berth at times and dont want to make it too noisy. No room in the ER for it. Other options would be in the galleyt cabinetry and below V berth and P side storage area but odd shape there and access sucks.

Here is a pic of a similar layout to my interior before I ripped it out but it will go back somewhat similar except no drawers on the P side. Seat will just go all the way to the bulkhead.

Part of me wants to skip it but it would be nice when its hot and I have it already. Any tips on install would be great. Unit is a Dometic and about 11k Btu or so.

Thanks

image.jpg

blackdiamond296

Lieutenant Commander
Boat Make
Alan Johnson 28 w/ 260 Yanmar
This may be way off base but is there any way you could drop it in under the cockpit? If you have the height clearance underneath to fit it you could put it in one of the forward corners of the cockpit and put in an anchor hatch over it.

Just a thought starter. Would certainly be nice to put it further away from the sleeping spaces...

Toolate

Admiral
First Name
Ben
Boat Make
Too tight- unit wouldnt fit through deck hatch and not enough room for it anyway if it did.

Do I need to worry about the noise though? Would mount it in a soundown box on a sheet of the stuff to isolate it from the boat structure.

Pitou

Commander
First Name
Kevin
Boat Make
'06 Albin 31 TE
My last and current boat had/have it mounted in the stem under the V-berth above and to the side of the bow thruster. Never noticed it being very noisey and can always sleep through it. I say if you own it mount it.

The 1st picture is of a 9000 BTU unit in a friend's boat and the second a picture of my 10,000 BTU. You can see the tops of thrusters in each picture:

AC 2.JPG

AC.jpg

Toolate

Admiral
First Name
Ben
Boat Make
OK so I am worryong about nothing (as usual). Glad I asked and thanks for the pics. Will take another look at where it might go based on this.

Latest Posts

Top Bottom