Where to fuel up around Portsmouth?

dmk

Lieutenant
Boat Make
32 BHM
I am driving my new to me boat home on Saturday AM. Traveling from Badgers Island Marina on the Piscataqua River up to Falmouth Maine.

I'm going to try to leave the dock around 6-630 and was wondering where the best place to fuel up is? Are there any places open that early around there?

Thanks

TWF27214

Lieutenant Commander
Boat Make
272 Grady White Sailfish
wentworth is the easiest, it’s a little out of the way but they sell a lot of fuel so little concerns of a bad batch and easy to get in and out of. Last weekend it was 5.39 for gas, didn’t see the diesel price. Portsmouth yacht club also has fuel but a little tricky to get in and out of depending on whose on the moorings outside of it and which direction the tide/wind is running.

If neither are open, Portsmouth commercial dock and rye harbor have self serve fuel 24/7. The commercial dock is right across from badgers basically.

Reactions: dmk

dmk

Lieutenant
Boat Make
32 BHM
I use Wentworth to fuel up.
No wake area.... bumpered fuel dock to tie up to.
Fueling up on the river you'll run the risk of the boat taking a beating from boat wakes while filling er up
Just my 2 cents
I called Wentworth and the fuel docks don't open until 8:30 unfortunately. So looks like I'll be going to the Portsmouth Commercial dock.

CCtuna

Rear Admiral
Boat Make
Some day...
Portsmouth fish pier. 24 hour self service

Downrigga

Admiral
Boat Make
36' NB
That is a great boat. One of the most rewarding things is making it your own. Best of luck with it.

Top Bottom